Fast startup for live tv

Where do you enable this? Is this enabled from the web page and it takes effect on all attached recording devices like the ATV and AFTV?

Or is it enabled on each ATV or AFTV individually?

Guess what I am saying is this a global setting enabled from the web page? Or do I device independently?

Its a global setting, set once and done.

Whether it is device independent or global I’m not sure, Daniel could be right.

But, I have found that it does not improve start up times much (if at all) for me anyway. It initially starts the feed quicker (probably in about half the time) but then always immediately experiences a buffer which extends the feed delay to about what was experienced before.

1 Like

[quote=“rccolts, post:3, topic:14354”]
always immediately experiences a buffer which extends the feed delay to about what was experienced before.
[/quote]That is exactly why they give it as an option… It works for some but not others, depends on the local network connection.

I have ONE Roku, farthest from my router that does the quick load and then the re-buffer when its on, but all the rest (5 others), load quickly and stay on without a re-buffer.

Not worth de-activating it for just that one TV, its a noticeable improvement for the rest.