FAST Channel Question

Thanks for all the help and suggestions! I just sniffed around in my router and I did not see anything that looked helpful for this issue.

Also the problem has come back to the DOVE FAST channel and so instead of powering off I hit the reset button and the stutter and app freeze did not happen after the reset when I went back to it.

However I left the DOVE channel and went to CBS for the Purdue game and after a couple of minutes I went back to DOVE and guess what. The picture stuttered and it froze. So problem is back.

So doing reboots are not the answer.

Iā€™ve been running Dove for over half an hourā€¦

Iā€™ve recorded 4 things (on Dove) since last night. No issue ā€“ splits/fails.

Maybe some local server somewhere is causing some problem? Iā€™m in WI and I donā€™t seem to be having an issueā€¦ :-/.

I can only imagine how frustrated you are. How many other stations have been having the same issue?

Iā€™m in NJ and would be good to hear from anyone in NJ that is not having an issue with FAST channels.

As far as anything else besides DOVE I had issues with Scripts News. I will have to go down the list of the 40 plus FAST stations to see which ones are okay and report back.

Luckily I have Amazon Prime and can get DOVE on Prime Freevee and watch everything I want that way on demand as if I recorded it. I also can get just plain FREEVEE and have no issues with receiving that.

Just a problem with TABLO.

I may stop by Walmart and get an ONN 4k box for $20 and see how that works. I have a spare TV with an older FIRETV stick that does not work with Tablo 4th Gen so I might swap that out to see if that helps and maybe indicates an issue related to Tablo and FireTV sticks?

I checked about 8 FAST channels and only a few of them were not stuttering and freezing and causing the TABLO 4th Gen app to close down.

So it is not just the DOVE channel it goes far beyond that impact.

I donā€™t think it is an internet issue with my router either since I have all kinds of streaming services that have no issues and I have high speed (200 Mbps) service with my provider.

Just bought and installed the ONN streamer from Walmart for $19.88 and giving it a try to see if that works better and I can stop the picture stutter and freezing and reboots.

The Tablo app running on my Firestick has the same intermittent stutter/stop behavior with both OTA and FAST channels. Iā€™ve never rebooted the Tablo device, but I have restarted the Firestick, force closed other Firestic apps, etc. The problem is quite random ā€“ I can run for hours with no problems, other days Iā€™ll have frequent occurrences.

I think that, much like the Tablo app on the Roku, the Tablo app on the Firestick has some programming issues that I hope will be resolved in subsequent app releases.

Iā€™ve monitored Firestick memory usage and network stats, and I canā€™t put a finger on what particular confluence of events cause this to happen. I will say that it happens most frequently when backing out of an OTA/FAST channel to go back to the guide.

1 Like

Good News/Bad News

I have reported this issue with my FireTV Stick 4k for over a month now. The bad news is Tablo support has not fixed this and and seemed to be working on other issues like the major ROKU problems.

I decided to spend $19.88 and get the ONN streaming box from Walmart. The good news so far after using it for less than 24 hours it seems to work much better than the Firestick. The exact same FAST Channel issues with recordings and live viewing where there would be picture stutter and freeze ups and boot outs have NOT happened.

I just watched a previous recording that would stutter and freeze with the FireTV sick and the ONN device had NO issues.

So you can either wait for the long overdue TABLO fix or take matters into your own hands and invest $20 in the ONN device which works.

I proved it has nothing to do with this subdomains etc at all. I just bought the ONN device and it works just fine on my network and router. No picture stuttering, no freezing etc.

The problem is strictly Tabo software and FireTV 4k stick not playing well together.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. It does reinforce the idea that there are bugs in the Firestick Tablo app. Iā€™ll wait a little longer, but may also purchase an ONN device.