Failed to Decode Audio

My Dual HDMI is connected to a Yamaha RX-V4A receiver. When watching Live TV, I turn off the receiver. Turn the receiver back on and the Tablo displays “Failed to Decode Audio” with a blurb and two buttons — [Retry Playback] and [Cancel]. The former immediately shows the channel you were viewing. The latter provides the [Watch] or [Record Episode] buttons and some scheduling options as if you selected the channel from the guide.

The blurb states there “…is a problem with the audio track on this video which is usually caused by poor reception.” Yet all the channels I have activated show five green circles.

This also happens when playing back a recording and turning off the receiver.

Anyone else get this?

I have a Tablo Dual HDMI connected to an LG TV. Whenever the TV so turned off for any length of time, I get the Failed to Decide Audio message. This happens regardless of signal strength.

I have an LG OLED and that has the option to keep the TV in a 'sleep" state rather than completely turning off. If you have that setting, try changing it - might make a difference and easy to try!

Yup, I get the same error, always have.

It’s an absolute pain in the rear.

Learn to live with it, Table isn’t going to fix it…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.