External hard glitches

I too am having glitches in my new 4th gen 4 tuner Tablo. While deleting recordings after watching it sits there and the circle spins and sometimes says “checking for available memory” and goes nowhere and I have to go back to the Roku home screen. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. I have tried 2 different WD hard drives and it does the same for both. Very disappointed in this. The internal drive doesn’t hold enough highdef shows. I may have to go back to my Tivo. Is it possible to install a larger SSD internal drive eventually and what brand/model?

1 Like

Where does it say Checking For Memory? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that message.

A list of “Tested” hard drives can be found here:

https://community.tablotv.com/t/tested-hard-drives

Scroll to the bottom of the list for external drives associated with 4th gen Tablo Devices, up to 8TB. From what I’ve read, there is no performance benefit to an SSD drive vs HDD (aside from maybe some minor power savings).

It may not be your external drive. This happens to my Tablo 4th Gen on a daily basis and I’m not using an external drive. I do not get the “checking for memory” error message, or any message for that matter.