I am seeing excessive buffering mostly with the Android TV version app for Gen 4 (Chromecast with Google TV) when changing OTA channels.
- Change OTA channel.
- Buffer circle appears for 5-10 seconds.
- Video plays flawlessly for 5-10 seconds.
- Video pauses and buffer circle appears for another 5-10 seconds.
- Video continues exactly where it left off from the pause and continues uninterrupted from this point on, never to appear again while on this channel. My signal level is strong BTW.
I see 4. only when switching between OTA channels and always with the Chromecast.
I occasionally see 4. with the fire stick, but it is very rare. I never see 4. when switching between fast channels on either platform.
- and 2. always occur with both platforms and for all channels, including FAST channels.
Has anyone else seen this? That secondary pause and buffering (4.) on the Chromecast is very annoying.