Download programs to ipad

I am pretty sure the Tablo converts the shows as it records.  So an iPad should have no problem playing back a downloaded show using the tablet app.  

I have a 16 GB iPad2, and I have no room on it for any kind of media.  It barely holds the apps my family uses.  Even if I could download shows, I wouldn’t be able to.

+1

The MPEG-TS is converted to h264 video when the shows are recorded. Thus, a simple download feature could work.

It’d be nice but I think features like remote viewing on the Roku should be fixed first.

OK, that’s right, I did read that. But I agree on the priorities at this point. Even not all iPad users could use the feature due to storage limitations. 

Of course there’s the JETSTREAMHD if someone is dead serious about watching their content on their iPad while away from home.

Some tiny obscure Canadian company made those I think. I doubt any of you ever heard of them, though.

I’d like to see one at work, honestly and management agrees they’d like to see a demo for us at work. 

@ShadowsPaPa

Ahem… Cough, cough.

Achew!

LOL  sounds like a cough of recognition! You win 10 Tablo support points!

I wasn’t really joking about anyone who was seriously wanting to get their media files out to iPads when away from home… I know Tablo has that sort of functionality itself but this thing is dedicated to that and can broadcast any of your content out to your iPads, even content on a usb drive, usb stick or network device like NAS or PC. 

And…I wasn’t kidding about a manager at work wanting to see if one of those would work for us to get our own video content out to staff iPads.

I know that isn’t the same as the request to save recordings to an iPad directly, but… it’s a great looking alternative for some. 

My iPad has about gb available space, Assuming there was a choice on quality, I’m sure I could save enough to fill a 4 hour plane flight and then, say, 4 more hours for the flight back. I know I pay for downloads from iTunes to do just that, and they all fit on my iPad. 

Let them watch TabloTV on their iPad as Vacation, Holiday, PTO or whatever you call it. Medical channel for sick days.

That would be great.
What I run in to is many programs on the TabloTV show up with just a year for movies, sometimes, just a date and time for TV shows unless you concatenate the tablotv ID for the show, etc. Making sense of what is on TableTV vs. what ends up in Plex file takes you back to one show at a time deletion once you ca identify what the show is (e.g.atch the first 1-5 minutes.