Disconnect power

My new Tablo is connected by Wifi to my network. If there is a power outage or I have to disconnect the power cord from the Tablo, will I have to go through all of the settings to connect to wifi again or will it holds these without power. I am not concerned about recordings - just what to do if there is a power outage in regard to the Tablo.

I connect my tablo via ethernet cable, but I don’t think you’ll need to complete the initial setup again unless your router resets itself and loses it’s IP address table.

I do have my router and my tablo on a battery backup, so I really can’t give you a definite answer.

No, you would not have to do anything to reconnect to wifi again. The Tablo remembers your connection, even after a power outage. The only reason to go through wifi setup again is if you get a new router.

1 Like

If the SSID, and presumably pass phrase, doesn’t change between routers… is it really necessary?
Only reason… changing wireless networks, even if just names or password change with current router even?

I realized this may be a bit much, but in context of the original question, and future readers, just wanted clarification.

I’ve upgraded my router several times since getting my Tablo. When I go through setting the routers up, I specifically keep the same SSID and password, such that everything reconnects and works when I bring the router online.

Unless there’s a reason to change your SSID and/or password, that’s the easiest way to go, which saves you a lot of work, especially if you have 30+ devices on your network like I do. I’ve got numerous smart bulbs and switches, ring video doorbell, smart phones, tablets, computers, Rokus, etc., and it would be a HUGE job serring all those devices up again if I were to change the SSID and password.

3 Likes

That’s good information to know. It sounds like if you change routers, there is more work to do on the router end (like setting up the static IP address for the Tablo and adding the ports for remote access) than the Tablo end.

Thank you, snowcat - that is exactly what I needed to know! :slightly_smiling_face: