Disconnect Fix?

@TabloSupport Here is the hard drive I am using.

Hopefully your disk drive doesn’t need a firmware update. Most of those issues with WD element drives were resolved by disk drive firmware updates a few years ago.

WD doesn’t indicate on their support page if the drive needs update. They just want the user to run the universal firmware upgrade utility and let it decide.

But tablo does display the model and firmware numbers on the settings page.

I’m having a similar issue. I use a seagate drive.

My quad unit doesn’t automatically reboot. I just lose the network connection, usually until I manually reboot. Happens every evening. Probably for the last 2 weeks or so.

Next time it happens, don’t reboot your Tablo, reboot your router. And see if that fixes the problem.

It may be your router, not the Tablo actually.

From what we can see on our end, it looks like this is reception related. There’s a high rate of recording failures being reported from your unit.

If the reception for a given channel is ‘on the edge’, it can break recordings into pieces like you’re seeing above (this has also been seen with disk issues, but this isn’t the case in this instance).

We recommend running a channel scan and tweaking the OTA antenna setup. If you continue to have issues, send me a PM or a ticket to our support team. We can try to get some details on which particular channels are experiencing the most issues.

Thank you. I will give this a try.

I had the same issue and was also told by support that it was reception issues, so I finally got a device to measure my reception and it is near perfect.

My Tablo got so bad, that it would reboot every time I tuned to a channel. I tried a new hard drive, but same result.

The only way I could even watch live tv is to unplug the hard drive completely. Without the hard drive plugged in, every channel comes in perfectly.

I was about to give up until I tried a new power adapter, it was magic!! Everything worked perfectly again. I guess the old power adapter had degraded and wasn’t providing enough power to the Tablo anymore. If you have a spare 12V, 2A adapter, try it and see it if helps.

2 Likes

+1 for new adapter, after two years on the OG 4 tuner I had the same scenario as you. I had a brand new set of LED strip lighting that came with a 12 V two amp power adapter that I had never used.
Once the new power adapter was installed
everything worked as it should.

@TabDog, what was the name of the device you used to measure reception?

I usually just use a TV with digital (ATSC) tuner for a signal strength device.

Further related comments here: Scan Differences

I used a Winegard SensarPro to get signal strength. They are made for RVs, so you have to rig up a power supply.

Still dropping the connection. Every night. Night before last I rebooted the router. It reconnected. Next night, fine at first and then boom, disconnected.

I’ve given the tablo, via the wireless card MAC address, a permanent IP address on my router. So guaranteed no conflict. The router is in the next room so the signal strength is great. Reception is great on all channels. I’m about 9 miles from the towers of any station that I record.

I’m thinking of trying to bridge a router next to the tablo then hardwiring it to that router. But it’s disappointing that should even think of having to do this.

And why has this become a problem in the last 2 months or so? Never had this issue before that.

1 Like

My four turner Tablo is doing the same thing. It keep dropping connection.

My OG 4uner last two nights has dropped connection Apple TV 4K tvos 12.1
I have to reboot tablo

JohnBoy5562, Festivus, Tom_C

Don’t hesitate to send us a ticket. We can take a look at your units on our end and see what’s up.

Ticket sent
Thanks again @TabloSupport

User error in putting In the wrong MAC address when setting up a Tablo reservation …oops

There are two Mac addresses for your Tablo one Wi-Fi in one hardwired

1 Like

Only run this program after you have had a ticket in and tablo support has replied because it sends a code to them exclusively after test

I had a connection issue with my Apple Airport extreme’s…I know they are old…but have been so steady for 3 years… I reset them to factory settings and just ran the network Diag tool App Store (routethis helps).

Everything is back up and running properly as of now. Tablo reservation and port forwarding re-done

Awaiting Tablo support response from the findings

No joy, Disconnected overnight again back in touch with support…

.Wi-Fi instead of hardwired for now

Same thing disconnected overnight with Wi-Fi

************Deleted Tablo reservation and made a new reservation with correct IP and port fwd
did not disconnect overnight and hopefully all weekend

1 Like

FIXED: My problem was resolved after getting a better HD antennae. All of the stations I watch have 100% signal strength, and the random Tablo reboots have stopped.

3 Likes

I’ve not experienced this problem after the latest software update about a month ago. Seems that it’s fixed, at least for me.

Tablo support wanted me to assign a different SSID to my second (non_DHCP) router. I didn’t want to do that so I waited this out. I had no issues with any other devices on my network so I didn’t want to change everything due to the tablo.

But as noted, it seems that the update fixed the issue.

1 Like