Disconnect/buffering improvement

MY BACKGROUND: Retired EE with experience in RF/Ethernet/high speed switch design/circuit & pcb design/networking etc.

TABLO ENVIRONMENT: New system about 2 months old. Small house, new AC2600 router, new ROKU tv, new rooftop antenna. TABLO wired to router, tv is wireless, strong wifi signal. Also strong RF input from the antenna.

PROBLEM SYMPTOMS: Initially, had random disconnects several times a day, lasting from a few seconds to a few minutes. Also, on tv startup (TABLO is always ON), took several attempts to connect. In addition, had random cases of buffering occurring every few seconds, including commercials on occasion.

SOLUTION (Implemented 2 days ago): Simply moved the tv a few feet closer to the router. It’s in an adjacent room, about 25 feet from the router, one wall between them. FYI, signal strength was always strong, but got a little better after the move.

CURRENT SYMPTOMS: On tv startup, initial connection problem has disappeared if I wait about one minute before attempting TABLO connect. I should mention that other streaming services (SLING, ROKU channel etc) have always worked with no problem symptoms of any kind. Random disconnect rarely occurs and only lasts for a fraction of a second. Buffering also rarely occurs and only lasts for a few seconds. All operation to date has been live tv; recording is not an issue.

SUMMARY: If no serious issues reoccur, problem is considered solved. A two day observation is not really enough. Network performance is monitored constantly via the router. Contacted TABLO a few days ago, no response to date.

I should add that the TABLO is a quad, and that the principal buffering observations were made on a nearby wired VIZIO tv controlled by a FIRESTICK. That is, no wireless involved in this case.

UPDATE: TABLO has since responded and been very helpful. While the problems are still essentially solved, their tests showed the occurrence of dropped packets. I subsequently had the ISP test the link
to my house, no problems detected. I also tested all wired/wireless paths in my local network; again, no problems detected. This was done using the new AC2600 router, which has a detailed reporting capability. The only change is that I now have to wait at least 2 minutes or so before accessing TABLO on the wireless ROKU tv after turning it on. I usually wait about 5 minutes, with no occurrences of connection problems over a 3 day period.