Delete items from web app?

Hi,

How do I delete recordings from the web app?
  1. Go to recordings
    2. Select the show that you want to delete
    3. Click on the episode you want to delete
    4. Click on “delete recording”

Ya, it’s a pretty inefficient UI and user experience.
Tablo says they are working on an overhaul which will include bulk delete. Be sure to share your experiences.

Between step 3 and 4 you are having the episode expand on screen to reveal the episode details and the episode action buttons to delete the episode (always visible) or resolve episode scheduling conflicts.

Snowcat left out steps 5 and 6…

1. Click away the popup to confirm the delete (this is a personal pet peeve of mine, as it’s such better design to display a clickless “undo” message vs. force a confirmation click every time)

2. Wait several seconds for the UI to update… Or weird things will happen in the UI… Especially if you expand another episode in the same show.

Thanks for the responses!  For now, I’m trying to remember to delete items after I watch so I don’t clutter up my HD.

Steps 5 and 6 – just hit Enter instead of moving your mouse to click OK, the focus is already set. Also, no need to wait – it will delete in the background and you click away to your heart’s content. I’ve deleted 100’s in a row like this, on more than one occasion (yep… that was fun), and it works just fine.

@jimcorder - Auto delete is coming soon so you won’t have to worry about this. Stay tuned.