Decades (New TV Network)

There’s a new channel called Decades, that has been slowly released across the US.  For those of you who like watching “retro” shows, you’ll enjoy this channel.  It definitely brought back memories.  Tales of the Darkside doesn’t seem as scary, as when I was younger. :slight_smile:

I had to edit/rescan my Tablo channel line-up to add this new channel to the guide. 

Here’s a list of shows that will play on Decades channel:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Decades

So will that be an additional chanel at ALL local CBS Stations?

So will that be an additional chanel at ALL local CBS Stations?

Looks like CBS for the most part, although there are other station owners picking it up.  As you can tell from this link, if you scroll down, it’s not in every state and you can see some of the other station owners.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decades_(TV_network)

Oh thanks … I love AntennaTV and MeTV … this will be a nice addtion! …

We used to have a CBS owned station but they sold it.  It’s still CBS so thus the call letters KEYE.  I hope Decades shows up there, but we do have Retro.

We have Antenna TV as 13.3, 13 being an NBC affiliate, and METV as 8.2, 8 being the CBS affiliate. 8.3 is H&I or Heros and icons, pretty good as well, sort of a mix of the old westerns and newer stuff like Mannix, Mission Impossible, Man from UNCLE and so on.

So I’m not sure where “Decades” would fit in unless the ABC affiliate, WOI 5.1 picks it up to replace their 5.2 which was LWN, Living Well Network which was loaded with cheap shows, stuff we never saw as lasting very long, and it didn’t seem to as new scans no longer pick it up on ANY TV or device, Tablo, TV, DVD recorder and the converter boxes all skip right over 5.2 now as if it disappeared.
8, the CBS station, has 8.1, 8.2 (METV) and 8.3 (H&I)  already, 
13, the NBC station has 13.1. 13.2 which is their 24/7 weather channel and 13.3 which is Antenna TV
5, the ABC station which is mostly worthless unless you are into a few ABC shows - we might have it on a hour or two a month tops, nothing on it we care for in the last year, so if they’d add Decades, it would be a big good move for them.

11 is our PBS - the local PBS, IPTV is 11.1, Learns is 11.2 and World is 11.3 so they are filled up.

The other networks struggle around here and keep moving around, changing their broadcasts and one month they are movies, the next month something else, they struggle against the larger networks and “big 3” affiliates. 

@streambird thanks, I saw that Los Angeles is 2.2 so I added it back in to take a look. Did not see tales from the darkside which I loved… But, Gomer Pyle!!! LOL

Mine shows Dark Shadows… ah the memories… that show scared me to death when I was 4.  It was “my” soap opera, my mom would let me watch it.

Mine shows Dark Shadows... ah the memories.... that show scared me to death when I was 4.  It was "my" soap opera, my mom would let me watch it.

Same here … my sisters loved it but it freaked me out.

I’ve read that Cozi TV will be coming to Austin by the summer.  Can’t wait!

so interesting, I had added in 2.2 because the Wiki said it was decades. But, while I was watching a recorded show I hear, enjoy Gomer Pyle as we count down to decades! So it must be coming soon…

so interesting, I had added in 2.2 because the Wiki said it was decades. But, while I was watching a recorded show I hear, enjoy Gomer Pyle as we count down to decades! So it must be coming soon....

Its now moved onto celebrity bowling … lol…

@ericgus yea I saw that… But pretty old :wink:

Celebrity Bowling?  Can you believe it was on the air for 7 years. Just watched my first episode, with celebrities of the 70’s.

Decades TV schedule for the next few months…
http://www.decades.com/file/DECADES_BINGE_Calendar_update_03052015.pdf

The Saint, The Man from Uncle, Mission Impossible, Untouchables…

Celebrity Bowling?  Can you believe it was on the air for 7 years. Just watched my first episode, with celebrities of the 70's.

Decades TV schedule for the next few months...

The Saint, The Man from Uncle, Mission Impossible, Untouchables....

Oh thanks! …

Dark Shadows and the Twilight Zone coming up… oh boy … lets hope @tablotv gets their large drive support out by then… I fear this channel may crush my existing drive.

Yea that blew my mind too… there is a Brady Bunch kids episode with the stars from that show bowling … set to record that one … :slight_smile: …  I havent watch that show either … I was previewing it and my wife said “are you really watching a bowling show from the 70s!??” … yup!

Celebrity Bowling?  Can you believe it was on the air for 7 years. 

I wasn’t aware this actually existed so I had to YouTube it. Crazy!!! 

But it reminded me of Circus of the Stars.

Celebrity Bowling?  Can you believe it was on the air for 7 years. 

I wasn’t aware this actually existed so I had to YouTube it. Crazy!!! 

But it reminded me of Circus of the Stars.

Oh good lord… 

Celebrity Bowling?  Can you believe it was on the air for 7 years. Just watched my first episode, with celebrities of the 70's.

We get those already - H&I and ME  But thankfully not the bowling.

Say, if they called it generations instead of decades, William Shatner could host it. 

We get those already - H&I and ME  But thankfully not the bowling.

Say, if they called it generations instead of decades, William Shatner could host it. 

The channel has moved past the Bowling and now onto The Untouchables …

Im not sure if I really like this play all episodes back to back from season 1 to end of the series … I conceptually get the concept of “binge watching” a series but this might be binge overkill … for example … I am looking ahead on this channel and for the next month or so I have nothing of interest I want to watch on it … since its all back to back series of shows I dont want to watch. And when a series comes on I do want there is no humanly way possible to actually watch 4 days of nonstop tv 24/7 to see every episode of a given series as they air back to back in continuous sequence (short of having a device like a TABLO) your eyeballs would turn bright red and fall out… lol

Binge schedule is what is on “Decades” before the channel goes officially “live”… just wait…