Cover Art, Please Show Text Only

Please consider the ability to disable the cover art and just show the text, it would speed up the refresh on each screen a lot.

Thank you. for the consideration…JGM

I specifically love the UI and graphics of the Tablo guide, it is one of the reasons I prefer Tablo to any of it’s competitors (and I own several of the competitor’s products). In my view, it is beautiful.

1 Like

I was suggesting the option to either enable or disable the cover art, that way each person has a choice.

2 Likes

On my various Roku’s, Fire Tv’s, and PC’s. I’m not seeing performance issues. The apps on various devices may have deferred information sync between the tablo unit and app that could happen when menus are entered.

And you have collected performance data indicating what you are experiencing is strictly related to the cover art thumbnails?

An option to display text (with or without the cover art) would be nice. Sometimes when I’m looking through the schedule of movies (via Roku) I can’t tell what movie it is without clicking into it.

1 Like

That’s strange. I currently have 234 movies in the 14 day schedule. On Roku they all had the movie title in the thumbnail. Even “Twins of Dracula”.

When using a browser on a PC, I even get the title when I hover the cursor over the thumbnail.

@zippy - I wish the Roku would display the text as I move through the thumbnails. For many of the movies the name is indeed in the thumbnail, but for some it’s not so obvious, especially when I’m sitting 10 or more feet back from the TV.

For example (just pulled this image from a quick google search), I circled a few that may be hard to know what movie it is.

It sounds like you need the movie title to always have a larger and/or bolder font. And that would be probably be a guide provider change and not a tablo change. Or for Roku to highlight/position on the thumbnail and have the title display like it does on a PC browser.

1 Like

Those things would be great, but they are separate entities from Tablo and what a nightmare to try to get that done. I would say the OP’s solution to have an option for text only w/o navigating all the different providers would be the easiest. Whether Tablo thinks that’s easy or not, who knows. I always favor more options for the end user when possible.