Couple LPW observations/questions

Yesterday I was watching live TV all day via my Roku 2 (4210R) and noticed that it seemed like I would get LPW frequently when the HD was being used significantly - as in it was recording a few shows and trying to live stream.

I’m wondering if the RPM value of the HD or if a SSD hd would benefit the Tablo. Perhaps not since it’s only USB 2.0?

Thoughts?

Today while it’s not recording anything, I’ve had no LPW’s.

What is the make and model of the HDD you’re using?

It’s a G-Drive 3TB. It came free with a camera, it’s a full size disk that has it’s own external power source. I’m not sure of the drive brand since I’ve not pulled apart the enclosure.

Also I have the 4-tuner tablo

I see I see - maybe it’s the weird drive? Most of us use HDDs from WD, Seagate, etc. with no issues. There is no need for SSD drives. The USB 2.0 interface is the rate limiting step.

For reference here’s the link to the drive - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1081208-REG/g_technology_0g03590_g_drive_usb_g1_3tb.html

I suppose it could be the drive but it was acting like it couldn’t read/write that much at the same time…recording 3 streaming 1 live…

If I paused the live for a few min - it was fine…as in it built up a large enough buffer to handle it.