Control What Channel To Record (old thread)

@HarryR - Currently, the pre- and post-buffers are not recorded for back-to-back
shows on the same channel. The plan is to change that so we do record
that buffer if the back-to-back shows are on the same channel.  

Cool. Thanks for your answers. So far my Tablo experience has been very good.

@HarryR - You’re welcome and glad to hear it! 

I get 3 different PBS channels. 50-1, 50-2, 50-4. They have similar programs that repeat in different time slots. Also CBS on 2-1, and 2-2. I can record all of them independently without conflicts. Wondering why you can’t.

@TabloTV I want an option to tell it to record KXAN Ten PM News ONLY o. Since three stations have same ownership, they pool the news and I get it 3 times on 3 different stations.

Thank you for this. I have tried to explain this concept, but haven’t found the succinct words. I agree–it is a better way to think about our entertainment needs. I am tired of being a slave to some network executive’s schedule which is optimized to sell advertising rather than meet my needs as a consumer.

I’m new to Tablo, but I’ve spent years using software-based OTA DVRs. I used BeyondTV, then SageTV, both of which were excellent, but have been non-supported for years. I’m adding my vote to this issue. It is especially a problem for PBS. This isn’t so much an issue for conflicts, but we have one channel with an excellent signal and one that can sometimes be spotty. I don’t want to delete it from the lineup because they carry some shows that aren’t carried on the closer station, but I want to have a “preferred” channel option for each show. I think it should be on an “advanced settings” screen with a number of other advanced settings.