Continuing need for reset

Back and forth between Tablo on my issue of needing resets.

Seems issue appears to be around daily (nightly) database maintenance which crashes. I had my Tablo with lots of channels (over 80) and was happily keeping lots on recordings. According to David, this dramatically increases the possibility of a database crash.

I trimmed back my number of channels to about 20 and didn’t notice much of a difference … still needed to reset daily. However, by deleting pretty much of all of my stored shows, I haven’t had to reset in 2 days.  The other interesting  thing is that Tablo is running much zippier. It was becoming a real dog.

So for others with similar issues, cut down your channels to just essentials and once you watch something delete it.

As noted in other posts, Tablo are working on a firmware fix. Fingers crossed.

I use tabloripper to pull almost off my recordings off in real-time, so I don’t really keep anything on here anymore. Mostly due to the fact that when I swapped my tablo with a new one from support, I lost all my shows. They didn’t tell me to back it up. And then when I bought a new hard drive when support told me that was why it was needing reboot, I lost my shows again. Bottom line, I still have to reboot nearly daily, I’m on the latest beta firmware, and support isn’t able to help much :frowning: so anybody have any thoughts on something I can do, I would love to hear it.

I have a pretty rock solid network. My tablo goes down nearly every day. Tablo support has been involved with this for over year now. I’m on beta build 2.2.13 and it happened again. There seems to be a pattern, though tablo support seems unable to use that pattern to figure out what the issue is. For instance, it almost always drops off the network while it is recording something. 9:30am it records Daniel tiger for my daughter. Today at 9:30, like yesterday at 9:30 it went down. I use PRTG network monitor so i have a complete history of everytime the tablo goes down.

Here’s how far I have had to take it to make this expensive piece of hardware work. I have a power distribution power that allows me to network-control power outlets. I wrote a c# app that PRTG calls when it detects the tablo has been offline (not responding to PING or HTTP/HTTPS requests) for more than 10 minutes. The app will restart the outlet and the Tablo will work again for a while.

100% confident this is not a network issue. I’m using the hard-drive that tablo support specifically recommended. Every time it goes down is will stay down until it is power cycled. Tablo support has logged into my tablo and looked at logs and verified that it goes down due to firmware glitches.

Here’s why is so frustrating.

1. it went down in the last 3 minutes of the Super Bowl before it went into overtime, so I missed the last minute score that took it into overtime.
  2. It went down when trump was doing his speech about why he fired tomahawk missiles. Had to watch online

So, if it isn’t reliable to watch tv on, or record, I’m not sure what it is good for. I have a lifetime subscription to the guide, so I’ve spent a good chunk of money on this. Yes, using Static DHCP of course. Ethernet, Support actually replaced my tablo last year, but it continued to happen.

What can be done? I’ve been asking if this is typical with my emails to support. I’m glad to see i’m not alone.