"Continue Watching..." feature (AKA binge watch)

Anyone that has used Netflix (or similar service) will appreciate the value of having a “Continue Watching” list. Now that I am building up a library of recordings, it would be nice if there was a list of recently watched shows, so that I could quickly pick a show to continue watching.

And in the same vein, after watching a show, it would be nice to have a “binge” watching option (i.e. continue with the next available episode). Again, similar to what the online on-demand streaming services provide.

3 Likes

Yeah, the binge watching feature has been requested a bunch. I think that one’s a good idea.

2 Likes

Yes, please add a Continue Watching feature. It’s long overdue.

1 Like

It’s 2024 and still no binge watch options and no LG TV app. SMH.

I think it is fine for series, but not for movies.
ROKU does it for both and I find it annoying.
If I look at a few minutes of a movie and decide I’m not interested in watching, it will show up on “Continue Watching”.

As long as it’s something I can opt out of, I’d be fine with it being added. I usually delete a show right after watching it, and I can only imagine the headache created by needing to do a cleanup later.

I think a better solution (versus auto play) would be to make the android/fire overlay a little more useful. You’ve got Channels, Recordings, Up Next, Info… maybe one of those could be used to switch more easily between recordings. In the Info section, you’ve got the option to Record Series and check out Series Information, so adding another “Other Recordings (of this program)” feature would be a great option.

But then again, since the interfaces aren’t very similar between platforms, it’s going to be hard to implement anything

1 Like