Connecting... can't setup

@mv213 - Glad you got things sorted out and that you’re liking Tablo so far! 

My Tablo (2 tuner) was delivered today and I’m having the same problem. I can’t connect to it. I’ve tried the mobile apps (wi-fi and ethernet) and the web app (ethernet). Also the mobile apps don’t detect it when I’m using ethernet but the web app does. What should I try next?

@Joltarin did you follow the setup instructions? You have to first connect to the Tablo as if it were your wifi network. It would show up as like tablo_dual under wifi networks.

http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/202083158

I should have said look at step 7

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I followed the 3 steps when connected via ethernet and the 8 steps when connected via wi-fi. The apps just get stuck at the “connecting” screen.

Ok, so you mean after you setup your SSID after connecting to the Tablo?

I’d suggest opening a ticket with @TabloSupport

http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@tablosupport Tablo will not connect to windows 7 laptop using my 5ghz connection. It connects just fine on older laptop that only sees my 2.4ghz connection. How do I connect using 5ghz? Trying to keep only Rokus on my 2.4ghz connection. Thanks.

Sounds like the router is isolating the two APs. is your Tablo hard wired or wireless?

Routers are often set to isolate - make sure that there’s no isolation.

Also - the web app, say on a notebook for example, REQUIRES the server that Tablo runs. If you lose Internet or the connection to their server is IFFY, you will have really bad troubles. that’s why the Android app works and the web app doesn’t - the Android app doesn’t require connection to THEIR server, the web apps do. 
I have found that even when we have Internet if there’s a hiccup from here to their server, you’ll see the connecting issue. Apparently their server is either often busy or often there’s trouble contacting it as with the phones there are fewer connection issues.

I also agree that my “connecting…” issues were when I could easily ping or otherwise access the Tablo using tracert, ping, and other network tools.
If you must use my. tablotv.com to get to your Tablo, you are using THEIR server and the web to get to your local Tablo. There’s the difference - and it means no Internet, no Tablo as I’ve found the hard way.
I spent a whole lot of time, hours over a few days until finally their support gave me the whole story. (wish they’d been more up-front over the WEB requirement but it finally came out so I guess I’ll spread the word - you MUST have solid fast Internet and MUSt be able to contact their server for your Tablo to work with a web app.)

I suppose if it just worked, period, there wouldn’t be such an attempt to dissect it so often by so many people. And I still don’t get all of it. Thank you for trying though . My Roku’s are all wireless and luckily I’m not reliant on watching via the laptop but oddly that laptop mysteriously connected at some point after I selected the 2.4ghz connection so all good there. And my Tablo is hard wired to my router.

Odd as the 2.4 is more susceptible to outside interference from EFI, other devices, etc. The 5 is less “busy” and typically much cleaner.
BUT - the 2.4 has better strength for more distance than 5 so if the connection was at all “iffy”, moving back to 2.4 would improve the signal strength if you were on the fringe or edge of a good connection.
Mine is all in the same room so there’s no excuse if mine can’t connect   :wink:

I also wired Tablo to the router - since I moved the router into the same room and it was a simple single cable from one to the other. 

I love the simple setup and how little space it takes, and that it can be any place in the house (or even in my shop if I wanted it out there for some weird reason)

I do need to ask the folks at Tablo, is their device “Tonk-proof”???

@ShadowsPapa - As long as he doesn’t eat the power cord, it should be OK :) 

You can use that photo as proof that Tablo quads don’t run too warm.
When a Tonkinese walks away from a heat source, it’s not enough heat. Note that he’s “just passing through”, had to check out the new toys. Decided it was too cold and boring. (thank goodness!)
Well, I had to ask as I didn’t see “Tonk attack” as being covered under warranty.

I’ve had little issue with connecting since the router upgrade, wiring the Tablo direct and getting things configured, stable, etc. 
It did take a while when my wife was using her phone to show me some stuff and ask questions related to the interface and use, longer than expected since she was sitting 12" from the router and she had JUST been into the Tablo minutes before, but still not too annoying overall.

@mullermj

It sounds like @theuser86 and @ShadowsPapa were on the right track. If it worked by switching to 2.4Ghz, they’re likely being used as two independent (isolated) networks. 

If your Roku’s (depending on the model) support 5Ghz, it’d probably be a good idea to switch them all over.