Connecting between locations over L2TP/IPsec VPN

I have two residences. Each has Tablo and AppleTV, connected via Ethernet cable. Residence #1 has good antenna reception. Residence #2 does not. There is a permanent dedicated L2TP/IPsec VPN connection between the routers at each residence.

I would like to access the Tablo output in residence #1 (with good reception) at residence #2, using the router-to-router connection. I am NOT interested in a roaming cell-based connection to mobile devices. Rather I want the Apple TV Tablo app in residence #2 to see the signal coming from the Tablo in residence #1.

Is there an easy way to do this without additional hardware or subscriptions? Thanks.

If both locations are on a common subnet, and your VPN is configured to pass multi-cast messages, then it should just work.

Nah – I have to use different subnets. Residence #1 uses 10.92.xxx.xxx and residence #2 uses 10.93.xxx.xxx. Based on what I’ve been reading on the support site is appears Tablo does not allow you to specify the IP subnet to scan. That is a real shame.