Connect to Tablo from a remote desktop computer

I have been connecting remotely to my home system on my iPad, but now I would like to connect on a desktop computer. However, I can’t find a way to connect. Maybe I am missing something, but when I go to my.tablotv.com, the only choice I have is to click on Add via Wi-Fi. That doesn’t allow me to connect through the Internet remotely. I would appreciate any help in figuring out what I need to do. Or, is this possible only through a phone or tablet? Thanks for you help.

Any device using Tablo Connect must have connected to your Tablo on your home network first. So that is why it isn’t working on your remote desktop PC.

That functionality has been requested many times, over a long period of time.

No word yet.

1 Like

Yeah, search “remote pairing” here and that should bring you up to speed.

Best you can currently hope for without carting a desktop computer is laptop since it can be readily wifi paired at Tablo location. Caveat - that seems to lose pairing more often than the iPhone, iPad Mini.

Any of 'em losing pairing is annoying and very frustrating.

P.S. nevermind that Live Stream rarely works on IOS anymore.

Or @marshall you can setup a Plex server and use the non-official Tablo Channel… It seems to work fine. Sounds like may be developers in contact with Tablo right now to start furthering development on it.

I know this isn’t a great solution, but it is what I use in a pinch.