Connect Roku Remotely First Time

I’m not sure how the network could be causing the Tablo to lock up, but I guess we’ll see.

I found my laptop cooling stand, so I put the Tablo on that. It’s noticeably cooler. It was very warm (not too hot to hold on to, but close). Hopefully, that will eliminate the problems. I know most electronics are fairly heat-tolerant, but all it takes is one component that starts to become heat-sensitive for the whole thing to fail.

I put in a ticket. Looking forward to hearing what they find.

I still haven’t heard back from support.

The frustrating thing about these lockups is the number of scheduled recordings I missed. Three new episodes of Big Bang Theory. The Superbowl. The first two episodes of the new 24 series. A couple SNL episodes. And who knows what else.

If you are replying to the original ticket each reply drops you to the end of the line.

There is also phone support:
1-844-822-5688 (Toll free in the US & Canada )

Good to know.

I finally heard back, with instructions on how to put the Tablo into remote access mode, and to let them know when I’ve done that. I replied to that, so I guess now I’m at the end of the line again.

Only reply once and you’ll keep your place in line. Calling to check when you haven’t heard back in a few daysv doesn’t affect your place in line

TabloTV said:

Sounds like this might be network related but we’d like to check things out to confirm.

MichaelColey said:

I’m not sure how the network could be causing the Tablo to lock up, but I guess we’ll see.

So David from support is saying the same thing. He sees in the logs where the network has dropped out for periods of time.

But I still don’t see what this has to do with the Tablo locking up and not recording or doing anything? I don’t see why the network would even be required, except to update the guide once a day (or at least once every 14 days). That just doesn’t make sense.

And if the network drops temporarily, why doesn’t Tablo start working again when it’s back? Every network is going to have glitches.

Can anyone explain? Sounds like a red herring to me.

Without a live internet connection the Tablo should still record your shows. I’ve had my internet go down, but my router was still operational, shows still recorded.

I have had my Tablo “lock up” aka crash 3 times now over the past 6 months, where the Tablo blue LED is off but the device is still plugged in. Tablo is not accessible and nothing records.

I power cycle the Tablo and everything is back to normal for months. No need to power cycle my router or modem.