(COMPLETED) Surround Sound

Have dolby pro logic on my surround sound tuner and football basketball baseball all come through sounding great ran tos-link optical from tv direct to tuner solved all surround sound problems.

Add me to the vote list for AC3 pass-through

Surround is a pretty big deal for me.  Love the Tablo.  I have half decent surround sound system and would like to use it with all my junk, and stuff…  

I want AC3 pass-through…count me in

+1 for AC3 as broadcast (2.0 or 5.1) here as well.

I would love for AC3 pass-thru also. If not at least a higher bitrate AAC stereo feed.

My vote is no to AC3…gimme the apps!!! :smiley:

Just to re-iterate that if you have a receiver capable of handling the DPL encoding (as my Onkyo is), then you can get a pretty decent representation of surround sound.  While watching Sunday’s CSI last night, the helicopters hovering overhead were very noticeable :smiley:

I would also like to see support added for AC3 sooner than later…

As a side note, anyone notice on the Tablo quick start guide, it has a Dolby Digital Plus logo.

+1 on pass through.  I’m a little disappointed it wasn’t provided out of the box.  I bought this to replace my simple.tv (v1) box which has the same handicap.  Pass through is a basic feature!  You’d actually save on cpu cycles by not processing audio and give that extra performance to other processes.

Lets see this happen!  It’s football season and if I’m not hearing Chris Collinsworth tell us how much he loves Eli in surround, then I’m not truly watching football.

Here’s another vote for 5.1 passthrough.

Surround sound pass through please. There is nothing providing that immersed video feeling like a nice surround sound setup, 

Definitely need 5.1 passthrough to complete the Tablo experience.  It’s number 1 on my wish list!

Do you have to run the Dolby Tests and then submit them to Dolby to be certified? If you do then this may take a while. I have done it for previous companies. The longest wait is for them to certify it becuase they rerun all of the tests again. Plus there is a huge wait list.

We already have Dolby Certification :) 

Nice! I remeber it took months to get the OK from them.

This means we are close, right? :bz

@BraveUpNorth - Sorry to get you excited… We actually got Dolby certified before Tablo even launched so we’d be prepared. Still a lot of work to get this done. 

@BraveUpNorth - Sorry to get you excited... We actually got Dolby certified before Tablo even launched so we'd be prepared. Still a lot of work to get this done. 

Can you please explain what this statement means?  How can a device that doesn’t support or offer Dolby Digital sound be certified for said Dolby Digital Sound?  It is at a very minimum misleading to have Dolby Digital Plus emblazoned on the the first thing you see when opening the Tablo TV box, when in fact there is no AC3 or Dolby support for audio what so ever.

Again, please explain how this can be?
1 Like
@BraveUpNorth - Sorry to get you excited... We actually got Dolby certified before Tablo even launched so we'd be prepared. Still a lot of work to get this done. 

Can you please explain what this statement means?  How can a device that doesn’t support or offer Dolby Digital sound be certified for said Dolby Digital Sound?  It is at a very minimum misleading to have Dolby Digital Plus emblazoned on the the first thing you see when opening the Tablo TV box, when in fact there is no AC3 or Dolby support for audio what so ever.

Again, please explain how this can be?

The audio in broadcast TV is in Dolby Digital.  If Tablo was not Dolby certified Tablo would have no audio as it would not be legally able to decode the sound.