Commercial Skip Upload Failed

I think I read in an earlier post that a 1 hour show should have the CS ready in an hour and a half…roughly? Is this correct?

I would imagine it could be a bit longer given the increase in shows to process with the Fall shows starting up the last few weeks.

Before all the increase in traffic with 5 Mbps up it use to be 30-60 minutes during the dull summer months…

But I’ve seen 60-120 in prime time. But I’m sure adjustments will or are being made to increase capacity.

When you get the “Commercial Skip Upload Failed” message, does it try a set number of times and then give up? I got the message yesterday recording a football game. The signal was strong, with no glitches or pixilation. Is there a way to get Commercial Skip to retry?

I recorded around 4-5 shows between 5PM-10PM PDT. One failed CS with an upload failure.

I think tablo support answered the number of retries question in one of the CS threads. But what they didn’t answer is how quickly the retries occur. Retry doesn’t necessarily work if the retries occur too quickly.

Yeah, I found the thread; it retries 3 times but we don’t know anything about those retries. I’m convinced that my recording is perfect (just like that phone call in the news these days :roll_eyes:) and would not fail if the universe would give it one more try. The option of clicking for one such additional bite of the apple would be a great feature to add.

1 Like

This won’t work for everyone but what I ended up doing is blocking my tablo from the internet until late at night when I know my internet works best and the uploads seem to wait for that internet connection to be working again before attempting. This obviously blocks webapp access and out of home streaming but I use roku so it works fine for me.