Commercial Skip on Fire Tablets

Any chance that commercial skip will be added to fire tablet app?

Are Fire Tablets officially supported devices?

1 Like

Yeah, need to be careful with regards to “app”, like the Fire TV app, vs. just the normal Android app.

One of the big problem with the Amazon ecosystem is that they are not really Android and of course, their use of the “Fire” branding can tend to suggest some kind of “base” across their disparate devices. They may all have some foundation with Linux and Android, but they differ, etc.

1 Like

You know, I don’t remember (now that I think about it) if I downloaded this from the Amazon app store or through my sideloaded Google play. I should have probably checked that before I posted, eh? :joy:

Commercial Skip works on the official Android mobile app from Google Play on my Samsung tablet and phone. My wife had the original Fire Tablet and I was always having problems getting certain apps, so after a year or so we went to Samsung tablets and haven’t had any problems getting the apps we want since.

1 Like

No plans got add support for these devices at this time, but I’ll pass it along!

1 Like

So, I did an experiment. I Uninstalled the app from the Amazon app store, and downloaded it instead through Google play (which I have sideloaded to my fire tablet). Commercial skip works great.

You may need to tell us what model of Fire HD tablet. Obviously, no future guarantees, but some might want to try same.

1 Like

I have a Fire HD 10 (Model SL056ZE)