Comcast and Tablo connect

I recently switched to Comcast/xfinity for my internet only and i’m having trouble getting my comcast router/modem setup for Tablo Connect.  I went into the router setup and I cant find “port mapping” info anywhere.  Anyone have a comcast router that can help me setup the three public to private ports that I need to setup?

Thanks 

@jwhitesel
It would help if you provided the make and model  of the router/modem that you are renting from Comcast.

@jwhitesel We’ve noticed that some of the Xfinity routers (it depends on which one) don’t allow for manual port forwarding, and some don’t even allow for UPNP. Which can lead to some complications when setting up Tablo Connect. Feel free to send me the modem model directly and we can sort this out.

@jwhitesel We’ve noticed that some of the Xfinity routers (it depends on which one) don’t allow for manual port forwarding, and some don’t even allow for UPNP. Which can lead to some complications when setting up Tablo Connect. Feel free to send me the modem model directly and we can sort this out.

Exactly!  Just another reason why I purchased my own (Comcast recommended) internet modem/router. It also saves money in the long-run too!

TabloSupport, Sorry for the delay here is my info. Its a Cisco, Device Type: XB3, Model: DPC3939, DOCSIS 3.0 Voice gateway.  Hopefully that will give you the info you need to help me!

Thanks,
James

Bump! Any help with this?

@jwhitesel I’m doing some research on your router - seems like this a common problem. Can you send me a screenshot of your port mapping table to the support address?

I am having the same problem with comcast. I have a voice and data modem/router AR TG862G

How can I get it to work with Tablo connnect? If not, what type of modem should I purchase or get from Comcast?

It’s not just Comcast. CenturyLink DSL uses ActionTec modems. No port mapping, and not something they plan on adding. Seems like ISPs discourage ‘advanced’ features, at least in the US.

What would be handy is if the Tablo worked with my VPN. Not sure why it doesn’t, since I have both UDP and TCP enabled. Perhaps you could add OpenVPN support on your long ‘todo’ list? Hosting a good VPN at home is perhaps the best low/no cost security measures available.