Chrome won't work when Firefox will

So, created a new profile on Windows 10 and my fully updated Chrome browser fails to find the Tablo. It works fine in Chrome on my other computers and I’ve tried resetting Chrome, clearing the cache and rebooting the computer. It’s 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit), the same as on the other computers. On this same computer, Firefox finds the tablo, plays channels and recordings. Reinstalling Chrome didn’t work either. Tablo is connected via ethernet, but I doubt that is an issue.

Very strange… I’m running the exact same version of Chrome on the latest and greatest Win 10, creators update, and have run Chrome since the early days of Win 10 with no issues. Maybe check to see if you have any add ons/extensions and try disabling or removing them?

You may want to consider rebooting your router. Whenever I have had one device stop connecting to my Tablo, a router reboot fixes it.

Google docs extensions were the only ones enabled. I removed them as well as disabled extensions and it didn’t help. Neither did rebooting the router and Tablo. This is an administrator profile, and like I said…this SAME computer accesses the Tablo without a problem through Firefox. Shift+ F5 didn’t help.

You might try clearing Chrome’s history cache. This should force a rescan and resync.

Cache cleared (since beginning of time option), computer rebooted…No progress.
Spybot, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes all ran, no progress.
Sick of trying for now and will just use Firefox.

Hey mate, something changed with Chrome for me some time ago and I can only connect with the incognito mode. (It’s something about my computer but I don’t know what it is.) Give that a go.

Chrome stop syncing for me as well a few days back. Nothing seems to work.
I tried incognito as you suggested and that does work.
I would still like to figure this out though.

Bizarre…yeah that worked, connected right away. Now we need someone to figure out a cure for it only connecting in incognito mode.

It may be an issue with a Chrome extension… incognito mode likely is running without the offending extension.

You’re a genius, mate! I disabled all the Chrome extensions and now I can connect without the incogito mode!

1 Like

John, for troubleshooting, you should add your extensions back one at a time and see which ones causes the connection issue. That would be helpful for the Tablo folks.

I removed all my extensions and still need incognito mode to connect. It’s as if there is a cache problem that isn’t getting removed so I tried manually deleting the contents of the cache folder, but still no joy.

Same here.
Tablo does work okay on my other computer running Windows 10 and Chrome though.
Something must have happened to my Window 7 computer recently. Haven’t figured it out yet. May be some network problem.

Okay, I got mine working. It may have been that Tablo pics and stuff stored on the computer when syncing didn’t have enough room on the hard drive. I deleted Windows 10 profiles that we are no longer using and cleaned the main drive until it had over 9 gb of space. I rebooted, and it connected on the first try. After it was done, I noticed that I now only had 7 gb of space. I had also ran CCleaner, so that may have been the cure too.

Interesting! Glad you managed to track this down.

New issue: This is NOT the same computer I was having trouble with. This one is connected to the tv, so it’s the one I watch the most. Most recordings now have stuttering video. The playback freezes every 4-7 seconds. Oddly, if I’m using another tab, the Tablo playback sounds smooth. it’s only when the picture is in the forefront that the freezing is occurring.
Playback of the same recordings is fine in Firefox,
I’ve tried clearing the cache from the beginning of history, resetting Chrome, uninstalling Chrome, running CCleaner, then reinstalling. all extensions are removed, Spybot has been run, I’ve rebooted, tried incognito mode…nothing works.

This could come down to the difference in video decoders being used in one browser versus the other. This definitely isn’t the case for all Tablos being accessed through Chrome and Firefox, but your machine could be hitting some kind of edge case. If a fresh install of Chrome doesn’t do the trick, it may be best to use Firefox.

I had a similar issue with the chrome browser on my iMac. Tablo Live worked on all my other devices including my chromebooks. I had just changed routers, so I was convinced that was the issue. I tried disabling my extensions and narrowed it down to the AdBlock. I’ve never had a problem before. I configured AdBlock to not run on the tablotv domain, and I’m back up and running.

I was having similar problems. The app on my windows 10 laptop found the Tablo, loaded all my channels, the listing was visible, but it refused to play anything, recordings or live TV. After messing around a bit, I finally disabled by ad blocker (AdBlock) and voila!, everything played. After that, I re-enabled AdBlock and went into the options for AdBlock to create an exception for blocking content on certain domains. Everything now works perfectly.