Channels in Program Guide Not Updated in many months here in New York City

Called Tablo Support, in early May, 2023 about over 5 channel changes that have not been update in the program guide. I was informed that Tablo’s Guide Provider is to blame, and that Tablo’s Management can’t update the guide.
As of today, 10-19-23 that are 9 channels that have to be updated here in New York City.

1 Like

interesting. I have a separate post about 4.3 and 4.4 here in NYC. What are some others you’ve noticed?

2.5, 4.3, 4.4, 10.1, 10.4, 10.5, 24.2, 24.3 have been a problem for me, got told the same thing, that the guide provider “doesn’t have access to those channels”
of the list of things I sent them, the only one they kinda fixed was WZME, channel 43. mostly. pretty sure 43.12 is still wrong.

1 Like

Wow! It is a lot! I noticed 10.1 and 10.4 also but don’t think I’ll ever watch those so :man_shrugging:t3:. I don’t pick up 10.5! I don’t get a 43.12. 43.1 and 43.2 and 43.3 are definitely wrong. 43.1 is another Story TV which I also pick up on 33.7. 43.3 and 43.4 are MeTV+ and MeTV in low def.

They show the correct channel on the scan but incorrect in the guide. Wonder where the disconnect is. 4.3 and 4.4 showed correct in the scan before the update. Now the incorrect info in the scan matches the incorrect info in the guide. :rofl:

I opened a ticket yesterday on the support site about the channel guide for 43.1 (STORY), 43.2 (MeTV+), 43.3 (MeTV) displaying the wrong programming info in the guide and 43.8 (RETRO) and 43.9 (HEARTLAND) both just come up blank on the guide. 43.12 (EMLW) is the only one that is correct (but useless since it is all just paid advertising programming).

I have to use the 43.3 MeTV feed since I can’t pick it up on 33.1 even with the VHF-LO add-on to my rooftop antenna, best I get is 3 bars on a good day but most of the time too weak to be useable.

1 Like

43.8 and 43.9 don’t have an icon for me but they do show correct programming info in the guide. I pick up 33.1 where I am but only if I put the antenna wire in the window. :slight_smile:

Got a reply this morning that they sent over a request to the guide data provider to fix, said it would be 5 to 10 days before it would show in the guide. This was for the channel 43.x issues.

Now just noticed channel 2.5 is showing as “RETROTV” in the guide but it is actually “Circle Network”. Sad that they can’t even get the guide data for the largest TV market in the US correct - I can literally go onto any of the multiple free TV guide websites and they are all show correct programming info for all the channels in the area - just Tablo seems to have it wrong.

What does the zap2it guide say.

Looks like Zapit is also wrong - guess they get their guide info from same source as Tablo.

ontvtonight, tvguide, titantv and wherever my smart TV gets the OTA guide info all show correct programming. Guess there must be multiple sources for the guide info out there.

So at this point the Tablo guide source is wrong for at least 2.5, 4.3, 4.4, 43.1, 43.2, 43.3, 43.8, 43.9 in the NYC area.

And why not contact zap2it and report the incorrect guide for your zip code.

Just joined this Community. We’re in the New York City Area, and see that the problem with the channel for the Networks has been an unresolved problem for a long time without any progress.

TABLO IS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.

The legacy Tablo has been around for almost 10 years now. When it comes to guide data, that is completely on the guide provider, not the Tablo folks.

Tablo markets the product as being able to show network TV, but that’s not true in the New York City area.

When you hook up your antenna directly to your television, do you have guide information there?

No. Antenna connected directly to TV picks up networks.

If I’m reading that correctly, when your antenna is connected to your TV, you get the channels but still no guide data?

My TV connected directly to the antenna never shows any Program Guide. It is not a "Smart TV’ . It shows the channels received after a scan.

EPG has nothing to do with smart or nonsmart TVs. If you go to any channel through your TV, it should tell you what channel you’re on as well as what program is currently airing. This has worked back as far as 2009. Go to any channel and press the info button on your TV remote.

If you’re getting info on only certain channels, then the provider is not sending out that information. If the channel is giving you info on this channel through your TV but not Tablo, that’s a different issue altogether.

Look at the above posts-Tablo does the major channels in the New York City area. They have been “working on it” for months with no progress.

What steps have you taken to try to get this resolved?

Have you submitted a ticket to Tablo or called up the stations giving wrong/missing information?