Channel reception via antenna but not via Tablo

I don’t really have the problem, my comment was in response to the comment “TVs have “better” tuners”.

I don’t know if actually true, you are the one that made the statement…

I do have a wierd channel issue one sub-channel just buffers, never loads, it has strong signal, I can get the signal on every TV in the house with antenna hooked straight. I don’t buy the splitter argument in my case. All other associated sub channels are very good and some of the other TV’s had multiple splitters with no noticeable degradation. Tablo also shows all green circles when scanning. I’m not real concerned about it, it’s just a weather radar but very strange I can’t get it. It only started after the last update and slightly before that there was a frequency move. I have ran the channel scan many times. I have several device types, Roku, Fire, Apple, it won’t load on any of those but all other channels including same sub channels load fine.

Based on that statement, it may be an issue where Tablo isn’t decoding the signal properly, not a reception issue. Have you spoken to Tablo Tech Support regarding the issue?

You mis-interpreted the phrase “You’ll get:” in the context -

I was tossing out a list often give in response to - my TV gets channels, why won’t my tablo? When you asked previously, I suggest a search – 55 results for"TV tuners" – It’s been brought up often.

The primary channel X.1 come across the same signal as all it’s subchannels X.2, X.3, X.4 So if you can receive all other X channels, then it’s not the broadcast station… necessarily.

Have you tried adding an amplifier to the antenna?Since Tablo’s signal has an internal 4 way splitter, even the 2 tuner models.

For me, the channels I can only get on my TV, is late at night. They are distant channels, different direction than antenna. Not really in my “area”… it’s really a non-issue.

For my regular channels, other than a passing problem several weeks ago I only have a rare occasional channel struggle to get through momentarily.

I do have an amp/splitter for the “ends” of the house. Seems to take care of the long cable runs and splitting between TVs and tablo.

–that post was actually a reply to someone else’s struggles, although I always appericate constructive input-- thanks :slight_smile:

Signals travel further at night. Somehow I lost channel 19. But at least two of the channels are available streaming, but only one with DVR.