Channel Master Black Friday 2015 deal announced

Will Tablo step up to the plate with a deal of its own? We’ll have to wait and see.

http://www.channelmaster.com/Black_Friday_and_Cyber_Monday_2015_s/356.htm

I hope not because I just bought my Tablo a couple weeks ago!

They already posted a refurb special… It would be great if they would offer a great deal, I MIGHT buy one for my parents depending on how much the total was.

But, I don’t know how much the DVR+ is an incentive for them to do that. I am sure for a few customers, they may could go either route, but for most of us, these two systems are simply too far apart in how they operate for it to be a fair comparison / competitor.

I have quite a few TVs in my home and travel a lot for work, the channel master isn’t an option.

Again though, just for the sake of it being the holidays and the biggest shopping days of the year, I do still hope they have their own specials.

1 Like

Check out the Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread on AVS. They are up to 332 pages at this time - the main reason I took a chance with Tablo over 18 mths ago!!! And I am a happy camper :grinning:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdtv-recorders/1481183-channel-master-dvr-owners-thread-332.html

1 Like

The grass is always greener on the other side. The mud on this side is always muddier than the mud on the other side.

There’s nothing stopping them from offering a rebate or working out a deal so www.newegg.com can bundle a quad player and 5 TB disk. That is the way I ended up with a quad, because a disk was bundled in at Newegg and not Amazon. Amazon wouldn’t match so I canceled and got from Newegg. Saved the sales tax too :slight_smile:

I’m happy with my Tablo too. I like being able to bring it with me, and I especially like that they are active in the forum and listen to the customers. I just wish that the description for Tablo at Newegg and Amazon said 5 GHz WiFi or wired network required. Since there is a recommended hard disk thread, why not a recommended Router and cablemodem? All the pieces add up for the best @TabloTV experience.

1 Like