Can't fast forward while watching a show that is recording

I just got the Tablo quad for Christmas. Got it set up was looking forward to recording football games and starting them later to skip the commercials. Only problem is it won’t let me fast forward while the show is recording. It just starts it over once you hit the advance 30 second button. Is this the way it works? If so, not worth it.

Which client are you using to watch the games?

With most clients, there is no problem with rewinding and fast forwarding live tv that is also being recorded. But AppleTv has an issue, as Nilex has pointed out.

1 Like

I’m just [quote=“snowcat, post:2, topic:25658, full:true”]
Which client are you using to watch the games?

With most clients, there is no problem with rewinding and fast forwarding live tv that is also being recorded. But AppleTv has an issue, as Nilex has pointed out.
[/quote]

I’m just using an hd antenna

1 Like

Do you have a hard drive connected to your Tablo Quad?

Also what device are you using to watch the recording from the Tablo? A Roku, an Apple TV, a Fire TV device?

I used an internal hard drive. I’m casting it from the Tablo app on my phone

Are you watching it on your phone or are you trying to use a Chromecast to cast it to a TV? If you are just using your phone at home, rewinding and fast forwarding should work fine. If you are remote, that is a completely different story.

I am either chromecasting or smart casting it using the vizio tv smart cast feature. The fast forward function is on the phone

Do you own a physically separate Chromecast device? Or are you using some cast feature that is built into your Vizio TV? This may be the issue. Might be time to get a standalone box, got to be some good BD deals.

I have both actually. I have a Chromecast plugged into a smart tv. So I can cast to either. Does it matter which one I cast to?

Try both.

What kind of phone are you using?

But if you search the forums, the Tablo doesn’t work well with Chromecast.

Motorola G7. I can try it with the smartcast feature of the tv

If you like the Chromecast I would suggest you upgrade to the new one that has Google TV. I say this because on the existing Chromecasts it just isn’t a good experience with the Tablo app, that’s just reality.

But, the new Google TV Chromecast is running what is basically the new version of Android TV so you can download the actual Android TV Tablo app to it and run it. I have 2 of the new Chromecasts, both connected wirelessly, and the Tablo app works very well with them.

It is an old Chromecast so that could be the issue. I like the idea of having the app downloaded on the Chromecast as well. My tv won’t let me add any apps. I’ll give that a try.

The new device is called “Chromecast with Google TV”. There is a good promotion for free Netflix if you use Netflix.

Awesome thanks. I already have netflix though

The 6 months free of Netflix is not only for new subscribers, you can get the credits applied to your existing Netflix account. See link below.

That’s great. Thanks