Can't connect to Windows 11 PC after Win 5/9/23 update

I’ve been able to connect to my Tablo Dual Lite with my Windows 11 PC all this time until the major Windows security update on 5/9/23. Now all of a sudden I can no longer connect to my Tablo. I can connect to the Tablo just fine using the app on my Sony Google TV and my Android phone. The latest Windows update was supposed to include some major security fixes so I’m wondering if that has anything to do with it. Anyone else with a Windows 10 or 11 PC having a problem connecting since 5/9?

I have the same problem with my Windows 11 machine on 5/11/23 and my Android phone. However, all of my streaming players work just fine. I suspect there may be a problem with the server at Tablo that authenticates things.

I’m having problems connecting to Tablo from my Windows 11 PC tonight. Haven’t had a chance to check my Android devices yet, but I am able to stream via my Fire TV 4K Max. Rebooted my PC and still no joy. I don’t want to reboot my Tablo just now because I’m watching it, but I suspect a server side issue as well.

Here’s the error message I’m getting:

There was a problem establishing an authenticated session with your Tablo. This could be due to either authentication or internet connectivity issues.

Same problem here.
There was a problem establishing an authenticated session with your Tablo. This could be due to either authentication or internet connectivity issues.

Tablets and phones work fine.

However, it’s not related to Windows update. I just rolled back and the problem is still the same.

Works for my Windows 10 and Android device, but not my Samsung tv. Same authentication message.

Windows 10 here, same error “There was a problem establishing an authenticated session with your Tablo. This could be due to either authentication or internet connectivity issues.” Power cycled the Tablo, no luck.

Looking like a server problem.

My Samsung smart TV and Windows 11 PC can not connect to my Tablo suddenly tonight. I’ve tried all the usual tricks (cold starting router, switches, Tablo and clients) with no luck. This appears to be some kind of outage. It sure would be nice if we could track service status somehow… I guess I’ll open a support ticket.

P.S. My iPhone seems to be working fine…also, I cannot get Tablo Connect to work despite port forwarding being configured correctly…

Adding a me too! Can connect with an Android phone and tablet, but not Windows 11 Pro.

Problem resolved. It seems it was a server issue.

It’s working for me this morning as well. The guys at Tablo must’ve seen this thread and rebooted their server.

Hi everyone. As many of you suspected, we had an unexpected server issue occur last night that was confined to specific apps such as the Windows and browser webapps, along with Samsung and LG Smart TVs, and Xbox. The problem has since been resolved.

If you are still seeing the same error, try refreshing the page, or in the case of the non-browsers, force closing and reopening the app.

We apologize for the issue, and ask that you let us know here if you are still having any difficulties.

1 Like

Working here now too…but I have questions. I have a local device, with local storage, using a local OTA antenna. Why is there a dependency on a Tablo server/service for some of my devices to access my recordings? Is there a workaround I can utilize the next time this happens?

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. I wasted a fair bit of time on this though, thinking it was a problem with my local network. Please see my question below. Can you help me understand why this dependency exists on your services and how I might work around this issue in the future?

Part of the whole cord cutting experience for me is to be able to avoid ‘third-party risk’ and I’d love to be able to use my device in spite of the status of your servers/services.

I guess this is a good thing I got the Tablo HDMI. Hopefully, it would never be affected by server issues, at least for the native HDMI connection.

Same here. Cant connect with any Windows-10 PC. Tested on 3 different computers. Same with my brother’s Beelink Mini PC (running Win-11). Everything is Hard wired (Cat-6 cable, Gigabit switch & router))

Seems to be ok on these android devices… Galaxy Tab-A and my set top box (X96-max pro).
Samsung-TV app

Edit… works now (1 PC tested). Thanks Tablo

Mine working now as well. Thank you Tablo.

All of my windows machines are now working. Thank you.

Same here. They need to do a detect when the software is launched on any device - is there a Tablo device on the same subnet I exist on. If yes, then connect. If not, contact Tablo master server and locate last known Tablo device and do a remote connection.
Simple. What they are doing is assuming that every time you launch their software, even on a LG or Samsung TV, you are wanting to do a remote connection. They need to add a simple line or two of code to detect Tablo devices on the same subnet as the software is on.
Because of their total 100% reliance on a server and all customers always having broadband reliable internet, I’m starting to look around. This is totally stupid to have every device and all software on the same subnet, but many times being unable to set something to record, or watch recorded shows. There’s a simple fix if they’d only do it. They scan the local subnet for Tablos already! LOL - that’s what’s goofy. You can scan for your Tablo devices, then connect - but can’t connect unless their server is up and you have good internet. Well, FCC estimates and other studies show over 50,000,000 Americans don’t have reliable broadband - in our case, no broadband at all, only cell data. And it’s not always reliable, it’s certainly not fast.
Hours of not being able to set shows to record (making my wife unhappy) and being unable to watch shows we had recorded (also making her REALLY unhappy) means I look around.