Cannot connect laptop running Win 10

SophieCat:
I’m good too as long as I use incognito mode per support. Won’t connect otherwise. Still curious about failure when not in incognito. Got the same wifi and authentication error warning. I immediately ruled out wifi since I am go on everything else.
Say what Tablo?

I disabled Flash on my Chrome browser forcing all video streaming to use HTML5. My browser is more stable now without Flash. Prior to this, Tablo would use Flash by default if it was installed on my system causing all sorts of weird problems. Now Tablo is stable without Flash using just HTML5. Flash would cause all sorts of freezing issues EVEN when a video wasn’t running!

The only drawback is that there are some old websites that have not converted away from Flash and so whenever I visit them, I get a warning screen that a video is not available due to the lack of the Flash plugin. However my attitude is that they were told eons ago to move away from Flash and so I’m satisfied with just reading the text on their page.

2 Likes

“when not in incognito…”

Hmmm…does your Tablo have some interesting videos?

I also must use skullduggery mode (incognito) with my.tablotv.com on the Chrome, otherwise it won’t connect.

Are you using Flash or HTML5?

How can you tell, mate?

Don’t we all?

I found Flash loading in my Chrome browser several months ago. Several websites require it. For example Politico. I disabled the plugin and ultimately unloaded it altogether.

1 Like

If you right click in a video on the browser it will tell you whether Flash is delivering the video.

1 Like

I don’t see anything about Flash, mate. It says something like Copy Video Address and Inspect. Is that good?

If it doesn’t show Flash in the popup then its HTML5.

Interesting - glad to hear you’re up and running.

If Adobe Flash Player is being used to deliver the video, right-clicking on the video should cause a popup list to appear, and at the bottom of that list will look something like this:
About Adobe Flash Player 24.0.0.186…

I’m just restating what @MarkKindle stated with an example.

+1 for the Windows 10 Tablo app, much faster than using a browser and working perfectly on PC and Xbox!

2 Likes