Can you show me how to set up Tablo Connect?

Can you show me how to set up Tablo Connect? I do not understand the directions given in Chapter 6 of the guide about how to set it up. I don’t know anything about ports or port forwarding. Is there a “Dummies” version for this that I could look up somewhere OR can someone walk me through it? I’ve searched the forums and Google searched, went to portforward.com but I just don’t understand it. It’s all over my head. Can anyone simplify this process for me or lead me thru it?

Please provide the make and model of your router.

Verizon FIOS Quantum Gateway AC1750. It is a router/modem combo. Hard wired to Tablo.
Also: 4 Tuner Tablo, Seagate Expansion USB 3.0 5TB Desktop External Hard Drive (STBV5000100), 3050X Roku 2 XD, running v 6.2 build 6003 & 4210X Roku 2 running v6.2 build 3672, Tablo wired to Verizon FIOS Quantum Gateway AC1750 & our antenna is a Winegard Freevision Outdoor HDTV Antenna.

If you have one modem / router combo it should be fairly straight forward to set up the port forwarding. I can help you tmrw evening. But Tablo Support is also good at walking you through these steps. You could try opening a Support Ticket directly with them too.

Is this the correct model? Go to section 6.2b on Port Forwarding.

@ToddExyz

I have a FIOS Quantum Gateway Router, 4 Tuner Tablo connected by TP-Link Ethernet Extender, Seagate 5TB Hard Drive. I too struggled with Remote Connect.

In the end, this is what worked for me.

In my browser, logging in to the router… http://192.168.1.1

Click on “Advanced Settings”.

Then under “Network Settings”
Click on “Universal Plug and Play”
Check the Box “UPnP Enabled”
Leave the Box “Enable Automatic Cleanup of Old Unused UPnP Services” Unchecked.

When connecting to my.tablotv.com, Checking / Unchecking the Box to connect worked for me.

Chas

Chas - That did it! It was just as simple as your directions! I am able to check the “Remote Access” button to turn it on. Now I just gotta figger out how “Pairing” works & I’ll be set…

1 Like

Thanks both of you for your replies. I already have a copy of the manual. I just can’t seem to follow it all that easily. Thanks again.

1 Like

I caution the use of UPnP with setting up the port forwarding. If your modem / router reboots, this will likely assign a new internal IP (aka different IP) to your Tablo. This will break the port forwarding previously set up, you will need to uncheck and check Tablo Connect under Settings to have the Tablo re-configure your modem / router.

As well, with this feature below unchecked you then will a lot of ports forwarded to random IP addresses.

–> Leave the Box “Enable Automatic Cleanup of Old Unused UPnP Services” Unchecked

@ToddExyz
@theuser86

I’ve had the FIOS Quantum Gateway Router for over a year now.

I’ve had the same IP address assigned to my Tablos (I have 2) and they have Never changed.

In the beginning I changed the Tablos IPs to static, but after the router would reboot, they were no longer static.
I had to reboot the router and even even factory reset several times to solve WiFi problems.

Always after rebooting, the Tablos IP addresses have remained the same, even through the factory reset…

Several months ago, there were a lot of random ports forwarded and I mean alot. But now only the necessary Tablo ports and the port for Plex show up as forwarded.

I think this is because Verizon is always sending firmware updates to the router and one of the updates must have fixed this problem.

Chas