Can’t stream via mobile browser

Using either Safari or Chrome on iPhone I can access all aspects of my Tablo except playing a live stream. Can this be fixed please? Streaming recordings works fine.

I can no longer use your iOS app because after years of complaining you still refuse to make it reliable.

1 Like

I bet this is chrome android specific (since chrome is synonymous with WebView which is embedded in apps), I check the box
[x] use desktop site

What’s wrong with the iPhone or iPad app? I’ve been using it for years, and functioning as expected.

Once I get the app working at home it’ll work for a day or so and then I get

This happens whether I am home (on local network) or not. Even remote reboot doesn’t fix it. I have to be at home. Delete the tablo and re-add it. It’s been like this since day #1. It has never been reliable. I’ve tried everything from multiple routers to new tablos. Yes it has a static IP. Yes it works with all other apps IE: Apple TV.

Anyway. I don’t expect a fix. Trying “use full site” in chrome still doesn’t play the stream and if I’m using safari there is no reason why it should ever try any Android specific protocol.

1 Like

So I tested Safari on my home network and it streams live. It just wont stream live remotely. Again, it will stream recorded shows remotely.

Which version of iOS is your device on? And what is your ‘remote streaming quality’ setting set to? Do you see any difference if you change this setting to ‘Full Quality’?

It was set to 1Mbps. Setting it to Full Quality had no effect on the results.

Scratch all of this. It doesnt matter. None of this works either. Soon as I leave my house and try to connect nothing works. Its a shame after all this time and money the remote reliability of this product is essentially ZERO.

I think im done spending money on this product.

I’ve been suffering this too. Disconnect and reconnect on LAN it seems to “authenticate” but I’ve never tried disconnecting away from home. Assume it would be unable to find Tablo over WAN. But I did notice the app updated rather quickly so perhaps it’s not completely forgetting everything?

This actually started when I got the new iPhone 11Pro running whatever abortion IOS 13 seems to be…

Yep I have to wipe the Tablo and re-auth every time. This is only on my iPhone (Pro 11 Max). The apple TVs dont have the issue.

Another day, another attempt to remotely stream a football game, another UTTER FAILURE on the part of the POS PUKE GARBAGE Tablo app.

Tell me how you really feel.

Sorry you seem to be encountering all these issues. Sounds like Tablo just isn’t the solution for you, especially if you have taken the time to work with support on the issues.

I’m experiencing similar issue and see the same error message. Happens away from home wifi usually within a week or less.

Return home and this error requires choosing to forget the Tablo and re-add the iPhone 11 Pro Max running latest updates over the wifi.

Figured bring it up in an existing similar thread and try to flush out this frustrating problem before escalating things to a ticket.

Any ideas?

27f8cfc92271e7957a821db36595bdc4dfbe5e5f_2_690x480

1 Like

Possibly too soon to declare problem solved but appears this error is/was rooted with something gone awry by Apple device migration when I replaced iPhone 6+ with 11 Pro Max in Fall 2019.

Apple device migration appears to “clone” some deep stuff so my best guess is perhaps some vital nugget of device identification data becomes corrupt for whatever Tablo needs to authenticate the device from remote location?

Simple solution. Merely delete then clean download and reinstall app on the new iPhone. I overlooked doing this until technical support mentioned it and since doing so the app remained remotely accessible from the opposite side of the continent for a little over a week. Longer than the 3-4 days it took to fail these past few months.

The next couple of weeks require me to travel constantly so that will be the ultimate test. Fingers crossed, it’s looking better than ever so far!

My thanks as usual to tech support. And if another user suffers this problem after migrating to a newer iPhone it’s at least worth a simple and easy thing to try.