“Can’t Connect/Can’t Find Tablo” Solution

For those of you who have been frustrated like me at the frequent “can’t connect to Tablo”/“can’t find Tablo” messages when using strong WIFI to connect because the modem Ethernet is in another room, I finally found a solution that worked for me and hope helps others. I bought this:
TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter(TL-PA4010 KIT)- Plug&Play, Power Saving, Nano Powerline Adapter, Expand Home Network with Stable Connections Amazon.com: TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter(TL-PA4010 KIT)- Plug&Play, Power Saving, Nano Powerline Adapter, Expand Home Network with Stable Connections: Computers & Accessories

It creates an Ethernet connection using your wall outlets plugs. One wall outlet Ethernet cable goes into the Tablo Ethernet port, the other wall outlet Ethernet cable goes into your modem. No set up - just plug and play. Problem solved! No more “can’t find” messages on Roku, iPhone etc. I bought a couple Cat 6 Ethernet cables separately to make sure it was carrying good speeds through it but comes with 2 Ethernet cables (not sure if Cat 5 or 6). Hope it helps!

1 Like

I purchased the TP-LINK TL-WPA7510 KIT that is also powerline and it provides a WiFi extender over powerline. I like it a lot.

That’s great to hear and know. I didn’t need the WiFi extender part this time around because our WiFi signal in every room is strong, which is why it was so baffling that Tablo had spotty connection issues despite every other device (Roku, iPhone etc) having no connection issues.

If anyone wants to search through the forum - powerline adapters - have been discussed for several years :wink:

As well as several tablo’s blog posts and articles…
https://www.tablotv.com/search/?query=powerline+adapters&all=all&advanced_search=blog

I didn’t know, thank you! I never came across it when searching for spotty Tablo connection.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.