Buffer clearing data

Most of the time, when I go back and forth between two shows, the buffer is clear and there in no past data for one or both shows. When a commercial starts on channel A I will go to channel B. When a commercial starts on channel B, I will go back to channel A and try back up to the end of the commercials I didn’t want to watch. Unfortunatly, the buffer is clear and it did not save the data from channel A when I was watching channel B. Any suggestions?

I do that all the time when watching news and don’t have that problem.

I’ve always been able to go back to when I first started watching that channel.

I have a Legacy Tablo.

Hi @Scaleman ,

What kind of Tablo are you using? If you have two tuners, and you’re recording something else while switching between two other channels, this could happen.

Also, what kind of device are you watching your Tablo with (Apple TV, Onn, Roku ect.)?

I have a Legacy 2 channel unit, Gen 4 upgrade with Firestick TV. This happens when nothing is being recorded on either channel.