Broadcast "Language" Indicator for channel scan results

Living in metro Phoenix, when doing periodic channel scans, would be a nice feature if the scan results were able to differentiate spanish language vs english language channels (I’m not sure if the primary language info for the channel is embedded in the OTA signal). Periodically I’ll come across a new channel result, but then have to “add” it to see what language it is broadcast in (and then delete it, etc.)

Agreed. This could be quite helpful everywhere.

It’s only useful if there are multiple languages and you can specify what language you want the recording to use.

And even then you might find that actual Mexucan stations don’t properly mark the language that they are using. Such as having only one audio channel and it’s marked as English and there isn’t a program broadcast in English.

And there might also be some U.S. Spanish stations doing the same thing.

I’m thinking more along the lines of initial channel scan results and setting one’s channel lineup and not so much for recordings (secondary audio or anything like). Example, Unimas would display a little letter “s” in scan results. That one is easy, but sub channels with only call letters as the description, not so easy to tell. But to your point, for sure there could be gaps or incorrect info to troubleshoot with individual stations.

Currently I think tablo will only use one audio channel.

Shouldn’t any information being report be the actual language that tablo will use to either record or play back live TV. It doesn’t matter if the primary audio channel is Spanish if a secondary audio channel is English and that is the one tablo will select.