Blue light keeps blinking and Subscription question

I have a tablotv device. It’s giving some problems where the blue light blinks at once per second. From the reading forum, it seems the issue is the device is not able to connect to the internet\network. I connected it to an ethernet cable and tried to restart as well as reset the device multiple but blue keeps blinking at once per second. I am unable to debug any further. Any help?

I have a Lifetime Guide Subscription subscription purchased a few years ago. So if I buy a new device does that subscription continue on the new device??

Thanks

From the Tablo Knowledge Base:

If you want to switch from Wi-Fi to Ethernet, attach the Ethernet cable to your router, then Tablo. Next, tap the blue reset button on the back of the Tablo once. Wait for the blue LED to stop flashing. Once the blue LED is solid, your Tablo is now online and using the Ethernet connection.

Since it sounds like you have already done what Tablo says to do, you may need to contact @TabloSupport and have them check your unit.

Another possibility is that your power supply is failing and your unit is not able to completely boot up. Tablo sells replacement power supplies on their website for $12 US or you may want to check and see if you have any unused power supplies that output 12V at 2A.

The last suggestion I have is it’s possible that your harddrive is failing and is causing your problem. If you remove your harddrive, then start up your Tablo and if it boots up and you are able to watch live TV then the harddrive is your problem.

If you purchased your lifetime subscription prior to 3/7/19 you can add additional Tablo units to that subscription at no additional cost. You will need to contact Tablo Support to add the new unit.

If you purchased your subscription after 3/7/19, then you can transfer your subscription from one Tablo to a different Tablo, but only one Tablo per subscription. You can do the transfer without contacting Tablo Support on the portal to manage your account.

Make sure a pulse type blink. If it’s just a quick “regular” blink, that’s not the network blink.

This is semantics. As noted you can transfer it to another device, it’s not device specific: Tablo TV Guide Data Subscriptions | Over The Air (OTA) DVR | Tablo

Your Tablo TV Guide Service subscription is tied to YOU, not a specific device.
You can change or upgrade to a new Tablo DVR and keep your existing TV Guide subscription.

thanks

The power supply was the issue. I connected another power supply it worked.

2 Likes

I’m still surprised how many people have problems with tablo power supplies. Over the years and years I never had a plugin power supply poop out. I do have one that has issues with the wiring in the socket. Overall it’s never been easy enough to use another power supply, yet the one Nuvyyo supplies :neutral_face: is a routine problem and it’s sold on their products pages :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.