Blue led light

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=LED%20Light%20Blocker&index=blended&link_code=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20

@Xzyl  What a great idea!

We actually added the ‘off’ feature on the LED when we were checking out the colour in our darkened boardroom. When we realized Tablo doubled as a nightlight, the ‘off’ feature was born. 

We didn’t even know about or consider people like @ddd671’s wife. 

We’re still working to get to the bottom of Tablo restarting the LED. The downside of a more permanent ‘fix’ would be that certain Tablo states (like heartbeat mode) are defined by the LED blinks so it would be very hard to diagnose certain issues without that visual queue. 
@rem736 If I was going to that level, I would just open the thing up and desolder the LED.  I was a hardware guy for 25 yrs. before I started this IT guy gig I have now.  :0) 

Thanks for the suggestion.  Mine is mostly off, and I've trained the wife to not look this way.  There is a blue LED on my Ooma box as well, so just fixing the tablo isn't enough.

i thought of it as a temporary measure until @tablotv figures it out. didn’t ever intend it as a permanent solution. that’s why i suggested the scotch tape method instead of directly applying electrical tape over the led.

i also have an ooma. i believe on the older units, you can turn down the led to 0 level with a dial somewhere. on the newer telo units, it’s a touch button that ramps up/down the brightness. the telo units can also dim down to 0 level with this touch button.

Thanks for the suggestion… There is a blue LED Perimeter with that box and isn’t enough.

@rem736  thanks!  I didn’t know I could dim the Ooma Telo.  That works just fine.

My blue LED is off and has stayed off for over 5 days now.  The only time I have seen it is when doing a reset or an attempted upgrade.  In those circumstances it blinks fast or slow, then goes solid and eventually goes off. 

For anyone wondering, we’ve implemented a fix for this for the next firmware version.

@TabloSupport: so this fix will allow me to use the second usb port to power the laptop cooler without triggering the light?

Electrical tape over the LED?

this issue has been fixed. you can turn off the led in settings and it will remain off.
the bug that caused it to be lit (after you have manually turned it off in settings) has been squashed.

1 Like