Better Remote than the one that is provided

Yep. Remember hearing my name being shouted while I was upstairs in my room. I’d run down to see what was wanted only to be greeted with “Change the channel”.

Me too, always figured I was the only one.

Here’s a funny story which in some way I was reminded of by your post.
My father was an engineer for a major telephone company back in the day. The family gathered together one Saturday to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark on our new VCR. Dad naturally fell asleep and the phone was next to him. It rang. He picked it up upside down while half asleep. " Hello. HELLO. HELLO!!". Slamming the phone down, he muttered, “Damn phones don’t work.”. The entire family was rolling on the floor with laughter. We still poke fun about it from time to time.

1 Like

I was too. Also adjusting the rabbit ears for the channel we were watching.

1 Like

Many newer remotes are missing keypads as a cost reduction measure. I prefer a keypad too…but since it’s not available I simply hold down the up or down arrow key to quickly pass through unwanted channels. Your remote will last longer too.
If Roku decides to add a keypad and keep the remote small and cost effective, why not get rid of the Netflix/Hulu/Disney/Apple speed buttons and put the keypad in that space.
My example is for the Express remote which I have.

Probably because they get paid by those services to put the buttons on the remote.

1 Like

Probably so, but they’re already preloaded on the Roku home screen as you know…
Also printed on the box.
Seems redundant.