Best DVR for cord cutters

1 Like

Just had to start a religious war? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I just report the news. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cue the J…:loudspeaker:

1 Like

I found the article to be a great litmus test for those looking for OTA dvr solutions. It does a good run down of the strengths and weaknesses of each without getting into many details, and is more or less spot on. The Tivo boxes are great if you want an easy to use single TV solution, but when you get multiple TVs and connected devices involved there is nothing better then the tablo. This goes doubly if you are looking for a single box replacement, so an apple tv, high end roku, or nvidia shield will be able to supply your movies, your online cable TV stations, specialty stations via apps, and tablo for local stations.

It is unfortunatle that the market for chord cutrers also means there is not many people looking to spend good coin, still chances are if someone is cutting the chord then they are already paying hundreds a month, a cash flow you could ask for in a short spurt for the convenience of saving that much money after the equipment cost.

TIVO Beats all of them

Prophecy is such a beautiful thing when it’s timely…:innocent:

1 Like

Which is why I bought a tivo! oh…wait… one or both of these statements may be false.