Belmont Stakes not listed in guide

I’m new to Tablo and loving the experience. Cable was turned off yesterday after a grace period to get the family used to the Tablo.
But, I’m having trouble finding equestrian events in the guide that I know are being broadcast. The Belmont Stakes are this Saturday and I’d like to set it up to record, but it doesn’t show up in the guide. I’ve looked under the Sports and All categories and even checked it over the last week to see if it would show up, but it does not.
I’m using a Roku and scrolling through the live guide over more than just a few hours is painful.
I do have a good feed for the channel that will broadcast it. I do have a subscription to the guide.
Any suggestions?

It’s not showing up in my guide either. I suspect this is a guide provider issue. It’ll probably get fixed, but you can always set up a manual recording just in case. It’s Saturday 5-7pm ET on NBC.

1 Like

http://www.titantv.com/ shows it will be shown on local NBC affiliates Saturday 11 June starting at 5:00pm EDT and running to 7:00pm. Titan has the listing as “The 148th Belmont Stakes”. Searching the Tablo ‘TV Shows’ listing for “Belmont” or “The 148th Belmont Stakes” does not locate the program. Tablo ‘Live TV’ only lets you scan out 48 hours, so you’d need to wait until Thursday or Friday to locate it that way.
You could always resort to a manual recording- instructions are here:
http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/202882093

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help. Had not scheduled a recording manually before. That was easy.
This community is awesome!

I’d have it end at 7:30 or 8:00, just in case. The Tablo adds 50% to live shows in case they run over.

1 Like

@IrishCoyote - This community IS pretty awesome :slight_smile: Glad they were able to help you with the workaround.

I had our guide data team look into this today. While once per year events can often be a bit tricky in terms of guide data, this one is especially so because it looks like it was ORIGINALLY supposed to air on NBCSN (cable) not OTA but due to my precious Sharks putting in a very poor showing in the Stanley Cup Finals, its unlikely there will be a hockey game to air that day so a switcheroo was made.

There will likely be an update that filters through over the next day or so, but in the meantime, a manual recording is your friend!

1 Like

@TabloTV

Actually I think the Sharks are a very tough competitor…

Chas … (in Pittsburgh PA - GO PENS!)

Not tough enough so far @cthompgh We’ll see what happens tonight. (Make that tomorrow…)

2 Likes

BTW - getting back to the matter at hand… We are seeing the Belmont listed now on our US-based Tablo if you search for ‘racing’.

1 Like

You be right. Racing works.

1 Like

I see it now! I love that I can do this from my phone. Thanks for all the help Tablo community.

1 Like

I do manual recordings when new station. m.titantv.com most times has new channel before Tablo

This year’s race was brilliant! Loved the excitement of the announcer as he yelled “too close to call”.

2 Likes