Audio sync with Apple TV & HomePods

With Apple’s new software update (14.2) I’m using my two HomePods as stereo speakers for my Apple TV. This works well with the Tablo app, but sometimes when using commercial skip, the HomePods fall out of sync.

It only happens sometimes (maybe 10% of the time) but when it does one HomePod lags the other and you get this odd echo effect.

I haven’t seen this with other apps (I’ve been using Netflix and Amazon Prime mostly).

Again, it only happens when it automatically skips a commercial, and then not even most of the time. I can correct it by pausing, then resuming, the stream.

1 Like

Interesting! Is anyone else using HomePods alongside their Tablo? And if so, do you also see these occasional issues?

1 Like

Yes, I’m also having this issue. Using 2 homepods as a stereo pair. AppleTV 4K (tvOS 14.4), HomePods (14.4), Tablo app (1.9.2), Tablo firmware 2.2.30, Tablo quad (older version). This is more than occasional, it frequently happens on commercial skip. Pausing and resuming play seems to resolve the issue. Still annoying though.

I am also having this issue. I just purchased a Tablo and this happened to me in the first 30 minutes of using it.