Any way to keep the bottom bar hidden in Chrome while watching a show?

On both my Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 desktops, whenever a play live tv or a recording, the bottom bar (that has the volume, skip buttons, etc) keeps appearing, disappearing, and appearing every 5 to 10 seconds.  It happens in normal view and full screen view.  Is there any way to keep it hidden unless I intentionally move my mouse there? It is starting to get annoying. 

Update:  So if I am in a normal windowed view, and I move my mouse anywhere off the window (like the tabs or the desktop), then the bottom bars stays hidden.  But there is no way to do this in full screen view, which is how I normally watch TV.

@snowcat out of curiosity, does the example video on the VideoJS page (http://www.videojs.com/) act the same way?

No, the VideoJS page video played correctly.  When I moved my mouse away from the toolbar, it disappeared and stayed hidden until I moved my mouse over it again.

I personally have the opposite problem in Windows 8.1 using chrome.  I can’t get the bottom toolbar to appear at all both in normal view and in full screen view. 

That’s strange, Xirpinu.

Just for the heck of it, I tried it in IE11 on my Win8.1 PC.  The Tablo actually worked, which is the first time I have had that happen with IE.   The bottom toolbar behaved correctly in IE (only appeared when the mouse was moved).

My Windows 7 machine now seems to do it correctly. 

I changed Chrome on my Win8.1 to run as a Metro App, and now it is working to.