Any plans for a mini guide while watching live on 4th generation

I presently have a ChannelMaster DVR+ and when you are live, you can hit guide still see whats playing live and you can scroll while watching live through the other channels and set recordings or press info to see the description on a program. Is there any way now for the 4th gen boxes to do this, or is it even possible? The Channelmaster connects directly into the TV and does not require internet to view. TIA

2 Likes

Same issue, and can’t believe no replies since this should be a no brainer!

1 Like

Fine with me as long as it’s not forced on me and I can shut it off so I don’t have to use this feature.

I have the Gen 4 also and that would be a nice feature but I would not look for it anytime soon because Tablo is still trying to get all the bugs worked out. I also have the Airtv 2 which has that feature and it is quite nice. I actually use it more than the Gen 4 because the Tablo is so buggy

2 Likes

You have to pay for Sling to use the Airtv 2?

Can’t believe they would remove the mini-guide in the Gen 4 app. It’s a great feature.

I have it in the Legacy app and use it with ROKU in the TV.
Pres up or down arrow and guide pops up.
Only shows current timeframe, can’t go forward in time.
Can’t do the info stuff but can scroll thru the channels and select a different show.
Can also go to previous channel easily.
Pick another channel to watch.
Then you can simply press up arrow (or down arrow) and then press left arrow and you go to previous channel.

They didn’t remove it, it’s a entirely different product, from a different company, that now possesses the Tablo name (via acquisition).

4th gen isn’t an evolution of the (original) Tablo product line. It’s a replacement.

2 Likes

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

1 Like