Antenna you plug in on power outlet

LiveWave

Anybody ever try this looks like is just a gimmick.

Never tried it but I would agree it is ‘mostly’ a gimmick. I imagine it would pickup some strong stations but that would be it.

Yes. Avoid. Run.

3 Likes

I have a friend who tried one of those, she was pulling in stations with clarity and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Turns out, she was in a perfect area, one of those locales where you get 35 stations with rabbit ears … which another friend demonstrated. Funny stuff.

Not shocked at all. It’s basically a paperclip with some fancy marketing. And they really seem to be targeting new cord cutters which is a shame.

When we first published the ‘antenna scam’ blog post, we actually had an electrical engineer comment on our Facebook page that these could even pose a potential fire hazard.

I am not an electrical engineer so I can validate his comment, but it’s certainly one more reason to avoid ‘antennas’ like these and pick up something from a trusted manufacturer.

2 Likes

Look like it plugs into an electrical outlet. That tells me that it has the potential to totally amp up its shocking value!

1 Like

My cousin’s husband’s sister’s daughter’s best friend bought one of these and can get NY stations in LA!

2 Likes

I think I saw that testimonial on their website :rofl:

2 Likes

So can I! Unfortunately I don’t live in LA.

how do i buy this again?