Android TV (Nvidia Shield) app always crashes

You’re not alone. Also NP and Mi Box which poibts to Tablo AndroidTV app.

Just checking in to let you guys know that this is being worked on. We’ve managed to pull some data and reproduce this. I’ll share news as soon as we have some.

4 Likes

Glad to see this is being worked on. Been having a similar issue across all 4 of my nexus players after the recent Tablo update. A lot of times it goes to the “tuner has been reassigned” error message.

Every once in awhile the light on the Tablo box will all of a sudden just be off. When that happens a hard reset seems to get it back going but it still suffers from losing connection constantly.

Any updates on this? It is still happening.

Android phone app too

No news yet - we’re wrapping up a few things and hope to tackle this very shortly. It remains high on our priority list.

1 Like

Yup…All of my Android devices experiencing this (Android TV - Nexus Player, and Pixel, and Moto G3…)

And @TabloSupport said they were working on it.Might sraer doing report instead of just clickung ok.

I want it nowwwwwww :slight_smile:

I know you are working on it, but it is very annoying. Also bumping this thread so we don’t get a bunch more on the same topic.

All I want for Christmas is Tablo Android devices to stop crashing.

2 Likes

Same here. Crashes on Nvidia Shield nonstop (I have 2 of them). It’s terribly annoying to have to click OK to make the crash box go away all the time :\

If you are a rare user of Tablo, force kill it when you manage apps and you won’t have the problem until the next time you use the app.

Android app updated today, it also updated on the Shield. Problem looks to be fixed!

1 Like

Does look better. Now we can watch live tv again.

I’ll know tonight if it fixed the crashing. The only thing I noticed right away is that recorded shows are no longer alphabetical. The sort seems random.

How do you locate the TABLO app for the Nvidia Shield TV player? I tried a text search for it but could not find the app; only a lot of web videos on the subject.

Thanks!

@Wolfpack Search for it in the Play store either from the Shield directly or on the web

Thanks Orpheus. Found it.

Hey, thanks Tablo Support! The fix works great. This was an annoying bug.

1 Like

Much appreciated! No crashing! No to login instead of pairing.