Android & iOS Tablo v4 Mobile apps

I have my Tablo v4 configured and running on my account and network. When I’m installing the mobile app on some new mobile devices, the mobile apps ask for location access permissions and prompt for a zipcode. Why? Shouldn’t the app just show the prompt listing my Tablo devices which is the displayed after I get past the zipcode screen?

Maybe they don’t want a gen 4 mobile app to use VPN and access the tablo unit from an out of market location.

@DaWeav We ask because, at that point, we’re not sure if we’ll need location services (which we do for first-time setup).

It’s something that we’d like to improve in terms of logic and flow but we’ve been working on some higher priority items for now.

3 Likes

You mean that if I live in southern florida and have friends from canada visit, they can install the gen 4 tablo apps on their phone and set them up for VPN and return to canada and access my gen 4 tablo via VPN.

My son is in college and he LT2P’s in my home network to run the Tablo APP. My college age daughter does the same on your phone when she is away.

1 Like

Are they in the U.K. I seem to remember legacy users accessing their tablo units via VPN as they travel around the world. Do FAST channels have any restrictions on accessing their programming.

Nope, I’m on the east coast. They are too in college… It all works. OTA and Fast channels. Over L2TP VPN.

1 Like

So does remote access of FAST channels via tablo count as a FAST service.

Free Ad-supported Streaming Television (FAST) services are regulated in 14 European countries, and if they need to be authorised by (or notified to) the competent authority…