Android app not connecting

I Just got a tablo quad hdmi and android app is not connecting. Its sees the device on the network but never goes past the connecting screen.

Chrome and Firefox on Linux does the same. :confused:

On the good side Tablo Tools for Linux does see the device and i’m able to dowload recordings.

I tested on a android 12 and 9 version with the same results.

Please help

Doesn’t the HDMI model require an active subscription to use network attached devices? Is your subscription active.

To watch Tablo content on additional TVs within your home, you’ll need an active TV Guide Data Service subscription, a strong home WiFi network and one of these:

• A Smart TV powered by: Roku, or Amazon Fire TV, or Android TV OR
  • A Set-Top-Box/Streaming Media Device: Roku, or Amazon Fire TV, or Chomecast with Google TV, or Nvidia SHIELD

Activating and reboot device did not fix the problem.

My only guess. My only other guess might be using WiFi but on the guest network or a different LAN subnet.

After that I cry uncle.

also the limited choice of device you can use to stream from an HDMI tablo…

None of theirs seem to be in the list you posted :neutral_face:

1 Like

Android should work?

I don’t think android tv is exactly the same as android.

Did a factory reset and rebooted my rooter… Nothing :confused:

Tried with ios, Nothing :slightly_frowning_face:

Tablo is suppose tu support Android with there app.

The Tablo Quad HDMI only connects to the following:

However, once set up on your main television, streaming to a limited number of secondary televisions within the home is supported via:

• Roku set-top-boxes and Smart TVs
  • Amazon Fire TV set-top-boxes and Smart TVs
  • Android TV streaming devices and Smart TVs

It doesn’t connect to any mobile devices.

1 Like

So why 4 chanels if i cannot use any mobil devices!

To record more than one program at a time.

You can record or view 4 different channels at the same time. The downside of the HDMI unit is that it doesn’t transcribe the broadcast signal to an MP4 signal that is smaller in size and can be easily viewed on many different devices. At this time, Tablo has elected to only support a limited set of devices with the HDMI unit.

1 Like

It looks like i did not buy the wright model then.

Depending on your use case, you may well be correct. The HDMI models are primarily for use with them direct connected to your TV.

Here’s a link to a comparison between the different models…

And here are some details on the HDMI models, particularly a section that explains the differences as compared to the network models…

The product pages have loads of information… but you have to follow through the pages to get the details. Most of it’s not fine print and clearly explained… now.

I have been doing all of this on my Mythbox since 15 years. I bought this Tablo device because my graphic card died on me. Guess i made a mistake and should i bought a graphic card instead!

Is there someone looking for a cheap Tablo Quad Hdmi?

Thanks to everyone

1 Like

How recently did you purchase it? Can you not just return it?

1 Like

Beautiful! I retired my PC DVR years ago, but still use Media PC, not Myth… really just PCs connect with a TV for a monitor any more. Using my tablo to record then export to suit my needs

Still, I can recall if you wanted to record OTA you pretty much had to build your own. Even now, it’s nice to have to custom, your own way. A one-size-fits-all does a decent jot, but often has it’s shortcomings.

I believe tablo’s hold some value and (checking completed sales) have a market on Ebay.

Try posting in the General Discussion area of this forum, maybe someone with a Network QUAD is looking for an HDMI QUAD and would be willing to trade.