“An Unexpected Error Occurred. Wi-Fi Setup failed due to an unexpected error

Every single time I try to connect this thing this is all i get?? What am I doing wrong?

“An Unexpected Error Occurred. Wi-Fi Setup failed due to an unexpected error"

This has been going on for over an hour and a half! Please help!

And now it tells me my password is wrong, when I know it is not?

What is the make and model of your router?

Are you running any funky firmware like DD-WRT or OpenWRT?

It is a Netgear Nighthawk I think is the model. I have now tried on the android app which says unexpected error. I have tried on the iphone app which says the password is wrong, which I know to be incorrect. And then I tried the web app on my comp which after searching goes back to the main screen. I am at a loss.

Hey @Baums - Sorry you’re having a rough time getting up and running.

If you have a dual band router, can you try connecting to the 2.4GHz network versus the 5?

If that doesn’t do the trick, give the team a call and we’ll get you fixed up: 1-844-822-5688

:speak_no_evil:
:interrobang: :bangbang: :question:

Same issue here, exactly.
I’ve gotten “unexpected error” and “Password is invalid” but it was not entered incorrectly.

The app sees the Tablo_XXXX AP and notifies that it has connected/disconnected alternately to the available Wi-Fi SSID through the process. It is smart enough to warn against choosing the -Guest SSID. Just not going to completion without error.

Was working for years as wired connection. Installed new wi-fi router and removed ethernet cable. Walked through app setup countless times with no success. Wi-fi has 2.4 and 5GHz but it doesn’t give the option of choosing which. It is allegedly an automatic process. I have 5 other devices successfully connected without incident to the 2.4GHz channel.

Edit - Update following tech support session:

As a result of telephone conversion with Tablo Tech Support, I understand that the Wireless connection is not possible using the Orbi RBK753 Wifi-6 router. My understanding is that, during the process of the connection wizard, the Tablo hunts for acceptable channel. It connects then attempts another connection repeatedly for a couple of minutes before giving up. It alternately reports “unexpected Error” or erroneously reports “password is incorrect”

My previous Wireless network based on Orbi RBK50 did not have this issue. The new model is now successfully connected to 9 other 2.4GHz limited devices without incident.

The technician advised there is no work around and I may either find an Ethernet port within range of my antenna cable connection (25 ft and two rooms away), or live without the Tablo.

I offered my configuration for development testing of a connection protocol software solution but did not sense any interest…

Not happy.

Which Tablo app(s) have you used to try and connect to your Wi-Fi network? Do your 2.4 and 5Ghz networks have unique/separate SSIDs?

I have tried using Android Tablo App on two different devices. I have no other devices with which to try.
The Orbi does not accommodate different SSID for the 2.4 and 5GHz channels.
The Tablo setup wizard correctly detects and displays the visible WI-FI SSIDs .
I can see the Tablo_XXXX AP operating on 2.4GHz Channel 1 when it is active.