Amazon.com: Tablo DUAL 64GB OTA DVR for Cord Cutters - with WiFi - For use with HDTV Antennas: Electronics

I have a 4-tuner in my home, what a sale ($99 US) for this DUAL! I wonder if these are refurbished models, it doesn’t say in the Amazon listing.

Anyone who has this, would like to hear from your experience with it.

EDIT/UPDATE July 13 2018
FYI…
Must have been a sale to clear out the shelves. No longer $99 from Amazon and I couldn’t find a Best Buy within 250 miles/400 kilometers near me that still had any in stock.

Bought one a year ago when they were on sale at bestbuy. Works great. I use the dual as an overflow unit - mostly for sports. I only use the internal storage. Recording at 5Mb per second that’s around 22-23 hours. Or around 4-5 football games.

Tablo probably doesn’t want to manufacture multiple 2-tuner models that basically compete against themselves. So I would expect the dual to be discontinued but still supported. Just like the original 2-tuners.

Or spend $40 more and get the new xcode/tuner model.

Thanks @zippy. I might use it for overflow as well (football games) or gift it to my parents.

My understanding is they are not refurbished, but the last of the first generation Tablo Duals. I believe the clearing older stock to make room for newer/next generation. (See below )

After formatting the internal storage is only 58.71GB.

Sandbox your spouse or kids onto the Dual and away your important stuff.

Where does it say the Tablo DUALs are 1st generation, or that they’ll be upgraded to 2nd generation?

It depends what you call the dual 64GB and what the differences are with the original 2-tuner. New case for reducing heat, 1 USB versus 2 USB, 64GB memory versus 1 GB, some of the memory chips in the original aren’t even made anymore, 2-way splitter versus 4-way splitter.

And of course besybuy calls the $99 sale: $99.99 Clearance.

And the new dual lite. New Xcode processor and MaxLinear tuner SoC.

It doesn’t. When they debuted the Tablo Dual they had a similar sale on the original 2-tuners. Going by that it seems to indicate to me that they are clearing out old stock. I could very well be wrong and I apologize for the miscommunication.

Oh, no worries, I was interested in learning about 2nd generaton Tablo DUALs, if they existed, that’s all.

No such product (2nd gen DUAL), at least not yet. There’s the DUAL and the DUAL Lite (as far a “new” stuff goes).

(2nd gen meaning truly “2nd gen”)

FYI…
Must have been a sale to clear out the shelves. No longer $99 from Amazon and I couldn’t find a Best Buy within 250 miles/400 kilometers near me that still had any in stock.

Late reply but the DUAL Lite is so of 2nd gen no? It has a newer CPU and tuner than the DUAL 64 GB. It also has a newer WiFi chip to support Wireless AC.

Major changes to software and/or hardware is one criteria of a generational change. Just like the Intel Pentium M is a few generations away from the Intel Pentium 6.

And if you want a picture blow up of the Dual Lite you can find it on the FCC application. Those can be compared to the pictures contained on the superhack WEB page.